p__8
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Re: daysRe: SoundTouch 20 stops after a few songs

Hello,

I want to confirm that I still have exactly the same problem.

Everything is well configured, excellent quality wifi signal, etc, but my 2 ST 10(s) stops playing while using spotify connect after approximately 15 minutes. ALL THE TIME, and I have tried everything mentionned on the forum, rebooting the wifi rooter, factory reset of the ST, everything is up to date, etc. (It really makes me regret not to have chosen Sonos system !!!)

Please, could you help with this issue?

Thank you very much.

P__8

20 REPLIES 20
ChislePip
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

I'm sorry, but I gave up using Spotify, so I don't know whether I still have the problem.

Mauriam
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2017

I have solved the problem!!! I just update to the last bose software version using soundtouch app. Best regards
mstrathmore
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 2, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 20 stops after a few songs

Hi, 

Looks like the issue is back. Same symptoms as last time.

Regards,

Mark.

p__8
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Hello Mauriam,

Thank you for your advise, but I have the last version of the bose soundtouch app.

Have a nice day,

P__8

Mauriam
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2017

If you have the last soundtouch app version you will also need to use the app in poder to update the speaker software version. Best regards
p__8
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Thank you, 

It is updated already and still has this problem.

Hi Mauriam, 

Thank you for responding. I think what p__8 is reporting is a bit different than what we saw on the thread HERE which can be resolved by the steps you mentioned. Because of this, I have broken this conversation out to its own thread since the resolution will likely be different. 

Hi p__8, 

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you try to either set a static IP for your systems, or lengthen the DHCP lease time, then unplug the systems and the router for 30 seconds and re-test? We are aware of a DHCP bug that popped up after this update that can cause a similar symptom to what the other post was originally about. If this is what you're experiencing, setting a static IP (or lengthening the lease time) followed by rebooting the router and systems can be a work around as the software team is investigating a fix. Curiously, what is the make and model of your router? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Hi @p__8,

We noticed that you also opened a separate thread regarding the Spotify Connect issue you've been experiencing. This thread may have been moved or deleted before we were able to respond, but wanted to let you know that we did see your reports and would like to help. 

You had mentioned that you tried using Deezer within the SoundTouch app, and everything worked fine. Have you also tried using Spotify within the SoundTouch app? Does Spotify work without issue this way (not using Spotify Connect from the Spotify app)? If so, I'd recommend trying Spotify's troubleshooting steps to start with.

Here's the link: Spotify Connect Troubleshooting Steps

Scroll down to the section that states "Having issues using Spotify Connect?"

Also, I'd also recommend trying Brent's troubleshooting steps listed above. 

Please let us know if any of these steps help!

Best regards,

Brian - Bose Support

p__8
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 17, 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, with spotify inside the sound touch app, everything works fine. And for the spotify assistance website, thank you also, but it doesn't help.

It is really linked to the spotify connect functionality, which I really appreciate.

Bests.

P__8