Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 18, 2016

Recent problem with interrupting radio with advertisements

For a few years I have listened to the Frank Sinatra station without any interruptions... 
Over the last week my Frank Sinatra station keeps getting interruptions from Medicare ads!!
I would be grateful for any easy tips of help to stop these advertisements - please help!
Thank you ahead of time 🙂
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Recent problem with interrupting radio with advertisements

Hi IQSM,
What can be done in this case will depend on which service you are listening to this station on:

1. In the case of a Pandora station, advertisements would only appear on a free account, while a paid Pandora One account would eliminate these. If ads are starting to appear it may mean that your Pandora One subscription has lapsed and needs to be renewed.
  2. In the case of stations on the Internet Radio source, These are independent broadcasts pulled in from across the world and their choice to advertise or not isn't something that we can control.
  3. iHeart Radio stations are a mix, some have advertising while others do not. This could be changed on any particular broadcast feed without warning.
  4. Other services like Sirius XM, Deezer, and Spotify should never have typical radio advertisements through SoundTouch as only the paid accounts can even be added to our app. 

Let us know which source you are using! Thank you.