Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carolel
Participant
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Reconfigured Soundtouch Setup

Hello!

I have a question regarding a change that I've made with my Soundtouch components.

Previous:  SA-5 Connection; Speaker wire from the SA-5 to a Pioneer Elite VSX-03 THX receiver front speakers (for music). RCA Cable from the SA-5 Auxiliary 3 to the Pioneer pre-out (for TV surround
Sound).

New:  SoundTouch Wireless Adapter: Optical connect from the Wireless Adapter to the Pioneer receiver (DVR 1).

My question is, when I powered up, using the Soundtouch App, or Alexa when the SA-5 was connected to the Pioneer, the app would turn on the Pioneer receiver.

With the Wireless adapter, the Soundtouch App does not turn on the Pioneer receiver.

Can you tell me if there is a difference in the 2 Bose products so that the Wireless Adapter is not capable of turning the Pioneer receiver power on like the SA-5 did, or is my setup the issue?

I can provide pics if necessary.

Thank you for your time! Love Bose! 

Carole

1 REPLY 1
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Reconfigured Soundtouch Setup

Hi Carole!

Thanks for the question!  The SoundTouch Wireless Adapter won't be able to automatically turn on the Pioneer Receiver unless the receiver is able to detect active sources.  Quickly searching through the owners manual yields no results, so I'm guessing it's not possible.

How did you have the SA-5 connected previously?  From the speaker outputs on the SA-5 to the speaker terminals on the Pioneer receiver?  Which connections specifically on the Pioneer?

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support