cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piffmuff
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Re: Release date for AirPlay 2 on Bose SoundTouch System?

Pretty incredible that you cant give us anymore info than to point at an official announcement from 6 months ago! Why are you really here pretending to be at help?

Are you really being sincere when you don’t hear the irony in “ we will give you the information as soon as it’s announced” ?

Piff; sorry 4 the b4d english, i tend to rage alot 😕
Robotics Engineer and automation lover 😄
James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

You complain about never getting a response from Bose but when they respond to a question to state there is no new information to give you complain more. They are probably doing their due diligence before committing to what they can-and-do-cant do especially with Apple's existing Airplay quirks and Apple's own Homepod lauching without multiroom audio or stereo pairing.

Scott L.
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Well, Apple has released the first beta with AirPlay 2 in it to developers. SHouldn't be much longer until Bose can tell us when we might expect the software update. I'm looking forward to adding my Bose systems to HomeKit!

Scott L.
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Piffmuff
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

What the.... the what was the iOS 11.2.5 release then? I thought that contained AirPlay 2?!?
Anyway, thank mate! So much looking forward to this! St integrated and automated is pure heaven 🙂

Piff; sorry 4 the b4d english, i tend to rage alot 😕
Robotics Engineer and automation lover 😄
Scott L.
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Bose team,

Any updates coming this week? We're all very anxious to know when our systems will be getting AirPlay functionality.

jsquires1990
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Frankly, given that Apple have delayed this on there own product lines i doubt Bose will be able to comment with confidence.

Im watching apple like a hawk then as soon as they announce the official release ill be onto Bose and other speaker brands i own products for.

Thanks

Jay

Scott L.
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Jay,

I am too. The sales associate at the store who sold me a Lifestyle 650 and a SoundTouch 20 assured me that AirPlay 2 was coming to these systems. Honestly, I am a little worried that won't happen and I will have spent thousands on systems that will not get the upgrade. I anxiously await the list of products that will gain AirPlay 2 support through a software upgrade,

jsquires1990
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

If that’s what the sales staff have advised why get anxious? If that were me I would have held off, but I like your optism and level of faith. Bose haven’t confirmed which of there lines get a software update but I am sure once Apple sort themselves out Bose will come through. We must remember this is a collaboration with Apple and many 3rd party speaker makers, and so far I haven’t seen any 3rd parties confirm a date yet.

Thanks
Jay