iSchorsch
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Release date for AirPlay 2 on Bose SoundTouch System?

Every day I come home from work, I wish my Soundtouch System would switch of by itself just by entering my pet and triggering the system with my motion sensor in homekit aka PhillipsHue.

Or control it with IFTTT.

Or have it play the music on my iphone natively. 

When will this dream come true?

Any timeline?

This year?

before christmas?

Can't wait! 

Thank you!

28 REPLIES 28
mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Re: Release date for AirPlay 2 on Bose SoundTouch System?

I think we need to at least wait untill Airplay 2 is actually released. 

Yvan
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

hello Bose ! Ios11 is now available. We are a big number to wait for an update of our soundtouch system in order to enjoy Airplay2 with the multi-room options ! 

Thank you in advance for a quick update.

Yvan

korti
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 12, 2014

Hi, I think AirPlay 2 is already there with the release of IOS 11. Now the others must do something. Let Bose itself tell us what happens.

Tohuwabohu
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Ios 11 out now - for everyone - but the Beta was released month ago! So tell us what you did and what Soundtouch Systems will work with airplay2. This can't be so complicated to know for the manufacturere

Webarcher
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

@Tohuwabohu wrote:

Ios 11 out now - for everyone - but the Beta was released month ago! So tell us what you did and what Soundtouch Systems will work with airplay2. This can't be so complicated to know for the manufacturere

I agree! It can't be so hard for Bose to tell us what systems will work with Airplay 2. The beta is out for months!

jsquires1990
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 19, 2017

Iv just had a response from @boseserviceUK on twitter.

'Hi, thanks for your message. Currently we do not have an update on the launch plans for Airplay 2 and the Bose products that this will be compatible with. However, an announcement will be shared once available. We appreciate your patience here.

We are sorry but at this point in time, we do not have any further information to give you. Please keep an eye out for our official announcements as any further information will be shared that way.'

I was of the understanding that A sticky on the forums here, include an announcement for the feauture!

Bose are not helping satisfy customers. I am not holiding any hope for this feature to be implemented in the next 1-6months 😞

Jay

cheplaya
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Sep 12, 2016

It is frustrating to get an answer from Bose. two years ago when i got my Sountouch 20, they said they were working on getting Apple Music, and till today ther eis no progress. On the other hand, Sonos is adding music services. I would love to return my speaker and get a Sonos as my faith in Bose has run out. There is no more monthly updates as well, the last update came in July. An announcemnt means nothing as there is no timeline for a release. In a profesional setting every team has a due date for deliverable, it doesnt seem to be the case for Bose.

Hi everyone, 

Bose UK is correct. The latest update we have on the board lives HERE. When we get new information, we will certainly share it with the community. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Denziloshamen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

An appalling and unsatisfactory response Bose (once again). You announced support for this feature months ago and said you had prioritised it over any other update. Yet today we get an update and AirPlay 2 is nowhere in sight.

iOS 11 released on Tuesday and you should have been ready to roll at the same time. It’s been a know release date for a while, so you knew what your target was going to be when you signed up to support AirPlay 2 and Apple splashed your name as a support partner all over their presentation slides.

You are letting down your customers and Apple as your promised support partner. It’s about time you were honest with your customers and explain what the issues are and when they will be resolved.