Highlighted
Lifestyle
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2014

Remote won't work with other components

Just purchased the Lifestyle 535 Series III. System sounds awesome.The only issue I am having is that the remote will not control any of my components. Attached are a Tivo Romio,Blue Ray,DVD Player and  VHS. Aside from the VHS all the components are fairly new models.Less than 2 years. I have followed the instructions multiple times.Auto remote ,Manual remote and have attached the IR. Nothing works.
I also updated the software.The AV and all components are same Make.So prior to getting the Bose I had one rmote that controlled all.Plus the Tivo Remote. Now i need multiple remotes....what can I do?
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Remote won't work with other components

The Lifestyle remote should control nearly any other device connected to the system.  If the IR emitter cable is connected try relocating the emitters so they are directly in front of the device they are attempting to control. Note that signal is transmitted from the flat side of the emitter. 
Let us know if you're still having trouble so we can help further.  Thanks. 
brettcline
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 17, 2015

Hi Jason - I'm having a similar problem with the TiVo Romio Plus. I've attempted to set up the remote automatically and manually. When I try to auto mode the Bose system asks me to press the "Play" button first but it will not reconize that key press (this is using the Tivo remote directly in front of the Bose system. The Tivo receives the command but the Bose does not). In manual mode I have cycled through all of possible Tivo IR codes with no luck. How do I figure this problem out? 
Thanks,

Brett

Hi Brett, 

We have records of code C-3560 working with both Roamio Plus and Roamio Pro boxes from TiVo. Can you see whether this code appears in your Manual remote setup list and test whether it can control at least the most basic functions? (power, channel +/-, etc.)
Can you also specify whether you are using the exact same Lifestyle 535 Series III model that the original poster refers to, or something slightly different?

Thank you.

brianandrus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 27, 2015

I have the same issue but I can't find code C-3560 on the Bose. I am working my way through the manufacturers to see if it is there, but that list is LONG. Any hints on where to find it?

Brianandrus,

If the mentioned code does not appear, your Lifestyle system may need a softwarer update with the latest remote codes. For details on how to perform this update, begin at updates.bose.com

Thank you