Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 18, 2016

Replacing interface module for Cinemate home theater system

Belive our module was damaged in an electrical storm. TV is fine. Sound was working but would not adjust volume or turn off with remote. I unplugged the Acoustimass, and when I plugged it back in, the red led power light is on but the remote will no longer turn the sound on.  The remote does not seem to be issue as it still controls the TV. How do I determine which model I have and can I replace just the small interface module? Think the speakers are ok since they were emitting sound at a fixed level before I unplugged the system. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jul 14, 2015

Re: Replacing interface module for Cinemate home theater system

Hi J-Maze,
I am sorry to hear that happened with your Cinemate system and would like to help with your question. One step we would recommend is disconnecting the power cord and interface module from the Acoustimass module for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes reconnect the interface module and then the power cord last.
If that does not help interface modules are only available through Bose technical support. if you are in the U.S. please contact Bose technical support at 800-367-4008 the hours are Mon-Fri 9:00AM-9:00PM, Sat 9:00AM-6:00PM (EST). If you are located in a different region please Click here  for worldwide service options. Please have the serial number off the Acoustimass module available when you contact technical support.
Best regards
Shawn