gcwilson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Request for custom streaming URL

Hi,

I just purchased a SoundTouch 10.  I'd like to be able to stream from the mpd server on my network and other custom URLs on the Internet but there seems to be neither an option nor app to do so.  This shouldn't be a difficult thing to provide given that the device can already play streaming service URLs.  I can't belive this feature isn't available since it has been present in pretty much every streaming audio application forever.  This is an important feature to me and I am considering returing the speaker because it can't perform this very basic function.  Can you provide guidance on how I can play streams via custom URLs?  "Use the vTuner 'Suggest a station' link" is not an acceptable answer for this scenario.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gcwilson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Re: Request for custom streaming URL

Author Accepted Answer selected by gcwilson

Whoot!  Thank you to the Bose team for listening to your customers and adding this feature!  You made my day!

5 REPLIES 5

Hello gcwilson,

Welcome to the Bose Community and thank you for the recommendation. I will sure pass this along to development as a feature request.

You can use Bluetooth an option to stream anything that is not implemented into the SoundTouch app as a workaround.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Falke1987
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

What is the reason why it is not possible to add it directly? I didn't want to use a additionally Hardware...
Community Manager

Hi Falke1987,

Thanks for writing in!

I would recommend keeping an eye on updates from our Community manager HERE.  We are currently working on a way to add this feature and please standby and we'll be sure to update the Community once we hear anything.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

This functionality which is obviously meant to provide Radio service support where not present on TuneIn service has just been added as a new option on the Settings menu of the Soundtouch app, Perhaps I will try this at the weekend.

gcwilson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by gcwilson

Whoot!  Thank you to the Bose team for listening to your customers and adding this feature!  You made my day!