Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Request to limit volume SoundTouch

Hi,

I am experiencing a very uncomfortable issue. We have 4 SoundTouch speakers and a soundbar.

When we are using the app to raise the volume on a device with small screen or when rotating the screen, sometimes it goes from 20% to 100%. That sometimes have awaken the neighbors.

There is another thread about it but it is closed: https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/Manually-capping-the-sound-volume-on-the-SoundTouch...

I think it’s an very important missing feature. Nobody wants to raise so quickly the volume and the touchscreen is very small for the GUI to easily adjust the volume at the desired level.

Thanks
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Request to limit volume SoundTouch

Hi Vedovatti,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've submitted this to the software team to see if this can be added.

Please let us know if you have any others.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Thank you @Brandon_M,

That's good to hear. It used to happen seldom but since I updated my iOS 12 in my iPhone and iPad, it happens more offen. It has become a very annoying problem for me. I have 2 babies that I scare them already a couple of time with this issue.

Would be possible to get an update of the acceptance or rejections of this requirement?

Thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Vedovatti,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you happen to have Spotify as well? We have seen this before if the native Spotify app is running in the background and you go to adjust your volume, and it jumps. If you do have Spotify can you make sure its forced closed before changing volume in the SoundTouch app?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

I've been having this 100% volume problem as well on older iOS devices (iPad 4 & iPhone 5S).  I have seven SoundTouch zones.  This has happened with the Spotify App NOT running in the background.

This only happens when using the SoundTouch app.  This does not happen when using remotes.  The problem is that my main room is an SA5 so I HAVE to use the SoundTouch app. 

My wife is very angry about this defect.  I honestly get afraid every time I change the volume.

Thank You

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi wkozy,

Thanks for posting.

We're sorry to see you're running into this issue.

Can you provide what iOS version your devices have on them?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

The older iPhone is 12.1.2.  I think the iPad is 10.3.3.  I can check the iPad when I get home.

This defect does not happen with my newer iPhone (6S I think) or my wife's new Motorola phone.

Regardless of the iOS version, it is terrible that this defect is even possible.  This defect isn't slow performance or a speaker not connecting; this is FULL VOLUME in half my house!

Thank You

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello wkozy,

Thanks for the additional details.

Is this happening within the SoundTouch app or when you're using the physical buttons on your iOS device?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 6, 2017

This happens within the SoundTouch App.  I am not using the physical buttons on the iPad and iPhone.

This has happened when music is already playing.  Then I will newly open the SoundTouch App on this older iPad or iPhone and volume will go to 100% for a second.  Volume then returns to normal.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi wkozy,

I appreciate the additional details.

This is now raised to the development team, and if there is any additional information needed, we'll reach out to you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support