Alittlestar14
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

SA-5 Amp Connection to Ethernet

I can not seem to get my SA-5 Amps setup on the SoundTouch app with the Ethernet Cable connnecetd to my router.
Connecting via WiFi works and I know the Ethernet cable and connection is working because when I connect the cable to My Roku and check the connection everything is fine but when I connect the same cord to the SA-5 Amp and try to set the speakers on the SoundTouch app it says no speaker found.

Any idea what the problem might be?
5 REPLIES 5
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: SA-5 Amp Connection to Ethernet

Hi Alittlestar14, 

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. What is the make and model of your router? I'm curious if there is a setting in the router that could be the culprit. Have you ever logged into your router? Is there a wireless isolation setting that we could try to disable? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards,

Brent - Bose Support 

billmartin4221
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Hi, was this resolved? I have an SA-5 that has been running on wireless and now I want to connect via ethernet. I've tried setting the defaults by removing the power cord, pressing the control button and then plugging the power cord back in. However, it always wants to revert to wireless. If I plug in the ethernet cable the lights flash at the ethernet port. If I hold the control button a couple of seconds to disable wireless the ethernet cable port lights stop flashing. The ethernet cable is plugged directly into my AT&T Uverse router.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello billmartin4221,

Thank you for the post.

When you connect an Ethernet cable to any SoundTouch product, it takes priority over the Wireless connection. You do not need to press the control button on the SA-5 to make this happen. I would suggest to unplug your SA-5 amp from power for 30 seconds and after you plug it back in, connect the Ethernet cable at that time. 

To verify the connection the SA-5 has at the time after connecting an Ethernet to it, open the SoundTouch application, navigate to Settings>About>Select the SA-5 and it will show the connection type.

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

billmartin4221
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2017

Thanks. I did as you suggested and the SA-5 will not connect to ethernet. The ethernet lights are blinking and the light on the control button is white. Once I disconnect ethernet it establishes wireless connection again. Do you have further suggestions?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi billmartin3221,

Thanks for the information. 

I'm going to investigate this.  I'll let you know when I find more information.

Best,

Brandon