Like plenty of other folks I've had trouble keeping my SoundTouch speakers connected to the PC app. They always show up and work fine on our Android phones and tablets but they only showed up on the PC app for random periods of time after a network reboot. There are plenty of theories of the underlying problem but what's worked for me consistently for the last month was 'reserving' their IP addresses on the router. I have a Google WiFi system with four wired hubs delivering the mesh on 2.4 & 5 GHz, seven SoundTouch speakers and two Wireless Link adapters so corraling all of them has been a determined focus of mine. There's several ways and varying launguage to 'reserve' an IP or make it 'static' depending on what router you're using but once I did it everything has been fantastic.
I waited a month to post this so I didn't jinx it but I just turned on some classical in the livingroom to settle the toddler grandkid, linked the patio and dock to some Beck channel on Pandora, and I'm in listening to Amazon music Classic Rock in the office on the computer (all controlled from the PC app... which wasn't working like this for me for over two years).
I hope it stays, I'm confident it will at this point, and I hope everyone else has the same luck. Can't explain it, shouldn't have to do it, if it truly works consistently Bose should recommended it during setup, and I'm just glad it's cheap and easy.
Good luck everybody!
(Figure it out Bose 😉 )
*I'd have posted this in the thread I origionally found the suggestion in as a reinforcement but it's a long convoluted thread and locked now (my problem wasn't fixed by whether I was using 2.4 or 5GHz channels or several of the other flavors of attempted fixes in that thread)
**Did same thing on neighbors Netgear dualband system and he's been connecting to the PC appropriately for a week now.