Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

SOUNDBAR 300 INVISIBLE SPEAKERS

The 300 speakers work when I play amazon music.  When I select the internet from my Smart Tv, the speakers work.

However, when I am watching a TV channel on my Smart TV the 300 speakers don't work.  The music from my TV Channel can be heard on the soundbar, but not on the speakers.

What do I have to do to get the sound from a TV channel to be heard on the 300 Invisible Speakers?

thanks

john

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Re: SOUNDBAR 300 INVISIBLE SPEAKERS

Author Accepted Answer selected by caschempf@gmail.com

I resolved the problem by adjusting the audio settings in the Bose app that I downloaded.  I increased the Surround Level to 10+ and decreased the Center Level to 6- and finally got the sound from a TV channel to come out of the rear speakers.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

John

I'd say we need to know more about your setup to help.  The fact that the speakers are working for music is good, that means they are paired & running.  To try & diagnose your issue I'll start by stating how my system is set up.  My internet is hardwired to my TV via the Roku.  So I dont have to "select internet" to do anything.  Regardless if your tv is wired or wireless, I'm not sure why you would need to select internet.  Isnt is just always connected & available? 

When I play streaming music the soundbar is connected wirelessly to the router, when I play tv the sound comes thru the Roku.  In both cases, my wireless speakers work great.

Whats your setup?  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Thanks for your reply.

My Smart TV is hardwired to my Spectrum DVR.  My TV has multiple input selections.  When I select Direct TV as the input, my tv gets the input from the DVR.  When I select DVD, I select the the DVD selection and the TV plays the DVD using the wire that is connected to the DVD Player.  When I select Web Browser, my TV uses my WiFi system to connect to the internet.

Hope this answers your question

john

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi caschempf@gmail.com

Thank you for sharing your post. It sounds as though this may be normal operation. Many standard TV shows will primarily focus the audio/dialogue on the front channels. To test it out, I'd recommend finding a channel that is playing a newer action movie with a lot of sound effects. You will likely notice certain sounds coming from the rear speakers. If not, then we should investigate further:

• You mentioned your TV is hardwired to your Spectrum DVR box. Is this with an HDMI cable, or are there any other audio cables connected (e.g. red/white, digital optical, etc.)?
  • It would be beneficial to check both your TV and Spectrum box's (if available) audio settings. You want to be sure that both are set to either Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Thanks Brian for your reply.

My Spectrum DVR is connected to my TV with and HDMI Cable.

Both my TV and Spectrum box show "Digital" as the audio setting, but neither give me a version number.

I have tried quite a few movies, but none produce any sounds in the rear speakers and I have tried some Music Channels and they don't produce any sounds in the rear speakers either.

At this point, I still can only get sound from my rear speakers when I switch my TV from Spectrum  to the Internet which is connect via WiFi.

john

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

I have the same problem - cannot get any sound from the speakers for anything. Returned and got a new pair with the same issues. They are showing pairing with the white light on and I can hear a hissing sound but no tone when I pair them and no sound at all . The sound touch ap too does not recognise them . I have wired  the acoustimass module but as these are wireles speakers I am stuck at present . Any ideas would be greatly welcome

Thanks

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Music isn't recorded in surround sound.

If your TV doesn't send a 5.1 signal through it's digital output then the surround speakers won't have much to play as the TV would only be sending the system a stereo signal.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

I have connected the tV though ARC and it is the brand new Sony A1 . I used a old HDMI CABLE - will it make a difference ?
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

Thanks for your input.

My TV is connected to  the soundbar with an HDMI arc cable.

Can you  hear your TV channels thru the 300 speakers?

thanks

john

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Gopidoc, 

It sounds like your speakers may be having a communication problem. I'd recommend factory defaulting the system using THIS procedure, unplugging all nearby electronics that communicate wirelessly, re-paring them and testing again. If the issue resolves, then you'll want to reconnect your electronics one by one until you find the culprit that is contributing to the issue and re-locate it. 

Hi John, 

What is the make and model of your TV? Do you know if your TV outputs a 5.1 signal? Curiously, if you play a DVD movie (making sure the output format is 5.1), do you hear the audio in your rear speakers? Please let us know. 

Kind Regards