Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

SOUNDTOUCH PLAY ALL STILL NOT FUNCTIONING SINCE 19.0.5 - EVEN AFTER 19.0.9 AND 19.0.11 UPDATES

Starting this new thread as BOSE seems intent on covering up the big issues they are having with the SoundTouch ecosystem since the 19.0.5 update pushed in May 2018.

They have made sure than none of the threads where users are complaining about problems are pinned at the top of the Soundtouch speakers community forum page.

They routinely edit and censor some of the postings because it reflects badly on the company customer support and care.

For your enlightment please check out the following community forum links.

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Archive/UPDATED-JUNE-12th-MASTER-Play-All-not-working-corre...

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/PlayAll-Patch-19-0-9/m-p/142511#M67528

You will note that they closed the first forum link - nobody can post on it anymore....WHY?

2nd forum was created by a community member rather than BOSE and they have NOT PINNED IT TO THE TOP OF THE COMMUNITY EVEN THOUGH THIS IS  BIG ISSUE> WHY?

Read and draw your own conclusion.

Point is - if you really want a reliably working multiroom wifi speaker system, at this point in time, it's probably safer to stay away from BOSE.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SOUNDTOUCH PLAY ALL STILL NOT FUNCTIONING SINCE 19.0.5 - EVEN AFTER 19.0.9 AND 19.0.11 UPDATES

Hi sbleyo,

Can you try a power cycle of your wireless router and SoundTouch systems?  The 4004/0 error is typically caused by an internet communication error.

I've pinged the software team as well to see when 19.0.11 will be pushed to your account.  This may take another few days.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: SOUNDTOUCH PLAY ALL STILL NOT FUNCTIONING SINCE 19.0.5 - EVEN AFTER 19.0.9 AND 19.0.11 UPDATES

Brandon, the power cycle has not changed anything - same issues - unable to play spotify even on a single speaker (any of the 4 I have) from the soundtouch app. And I keep getting the 4000/x error message bout not bein gable to check for the update.

You really have done it this time.

This is getting from bad to worse.

Internet connection is up.

Spotity plays perfectly on my computer or my iphone or ipad on the wifi network from the spotify app.

It sinply is unusable with any soundtouch device.

SO THIS IS AGAIN  A BOSE MESS UP.

Seriously?????

And more cover up - closing all the threads and this post is not pinned to the top of the forum

Unless there is swift support action to help resolve this worsening problem, I will be actively looking for any online forum and social media to share this whole debacle.

If you don't help me resolve, then I see it as fair to expose BOSE poor behaviour and performance online as widely as possible

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi sbleyo,

Can you try a power cycle of your wireless router and SoundTouch systems?  The 4004/0 error is typically caused by an internet communication error.

I've pinged the software team as well to see when 19.0.11 will be pushed to your account.  This may take another few days.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2016

Good evening,

i have just recieved the 19.0.11 update & installed on 

• ST300
  • ST30
  • ST20
  • ST10

my main issue was speaker audio drop out when grouped, perticually when grouped ST30 master ST10 Slave both on wifi, the ST10 would drop out all the time.

the same would happen when swopped round.

the ST300 & ST20 are CAT5 connected.

I have tested briefly the ST30 - ST10 scenario, I generally stream heart radio, all is working well with no drop out from both speakers, its always the slave that drops out.

streaming music from NAS drive worked fine with no drop out. 

I keep you updated

Regards Lance Clayton

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Finally- 19.0.11 update was pushed to my BOSE setup - 2 x ST 10 + 1 x ST Wave IV + 1 x ST WLA.

Just completed the install cycle and checked that all are wiith the latest firmware update in the app.

Let's see how they perform in the next 48 hours and I will report back.

Why does it take being so vocal to get basic support from BOSE? Why are there still no posts about the 19.0.11 limited firmware update release anywhere on the pinned forums threads?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 13, 2018

I'm facing the same issue. Update 10.0.9. made them even worse. The play all has worked in spurts, but overall the system has gotten worse with the sounds cutting in and out and the speakers losing connection completely.

Disappointed to see the other thread was closed.  

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Sorry for the delay in giving an update as could not do extensive testing with relatives visiting (did not spend much time in the house in the last few days).

As of now, the Play all seems to be back to working properly with the 19.0.11 update.

However, whenever you happen to reboot your router or your internet connection you will have to reboot every single SoundTouch device for things to work properly again.

In the greater scheme of things, this is a minor inconvenience.

I just hope that BOSE will be honest enough to include this tip in their FAQ.

Finally we seem to be getting to a close on this whole debacle and a very painful process it was to get this solved.

No high prize for BOSE on their PR policy or their general transparency.

@sbleyo wrote:

Finally- 19.0.11 update was pushed to my BOSE setup - 2 x ST 10 + 1 x ST Wave IV + 1 x ST WLA.

Just completed the install cycle and checked that all are wiith the latest firmware update in the app.

Why does it take being so vocal to get basic support from BOSE? Why are there still no posts about the 19.0.11 limited firmware update release anywhere on the pinned forums threads?

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Sorry folks: bad news. Play all is acting up again. issue seems to be mostly with the WLA and ST Wave IV . Both ST10 are performing OK.

not sure how to take this forward since this thread has been put in hibernation (not pinned to the top of the forum) and all other threads have been closed.

thanks to BOSE for performing a text book case of censorship.

@sbleyo wrote:

Sorry for the delay in giving an update as could not do extensive testing with relatives visiting (did not spend much time in the house in the last few days).

As of now, the Play all seems to be back to working properly with the 19.0.11 update.

However, whenever you happen to reboot your router or your internet connection you will have to reboot every single SoundTouch device for things to work properly again.

In the greater scheme of things, this is a minor inconvenience.

I just hope that BOSE will be honest enough to include this tip in their FAQ.

Finally we seem to be getting to a close on this whole debacle and a very painful process it was to get this solved.

No high prize for BOSE on their PR policy or their general transparency.

@sbleyo wrote:

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Problem is getting worse - it's now even not possible to play spotify even on a single speaker.

Cycling the router, internet fiber modem and each of the speakers does not improve anything.

Thanks you BOSE for screwing up yet again.

This is really shameful.

I would surmise the issue is that the SoundTouch ecosystem is actually dependent on having some kind of activation controlled by some BOSE server somewhere but that connection or protocol is either not secure or unreliable.

We should have the ability to play our own music on our own home network without internet.

FIX IT.

To everyone out there: beware - sountouch products are not reliable as network speakers as of today - and count on BOSE to play down the issue and pretend that th issue is isolated to a few users.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

And notice how there is absolutely NO ANSWER whatsoever from BOSE team.

too afraid to admit they are screwing up - yet again.

I will bet that they are more worried about pushing th enxt product line that making good on the products they have already sold.

Let's see if there will be even some response to this post in the next 24 hours - if not then my point will have been made for me.