Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GH02
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

ST 30 20 & 2x10 errors

I have a soundtouch 30 , 20 and two 10’s, all of which have been working perfectly for a long time. However, they’re all still connected devices to the router, but now showing solid amber (on the 10’s) and none of the four STs will play anything from Tunein with either the preset buttons or the app. Getting error codes 1046 and 1005 and 4004/0 , (problem checking for an update)

I’ve unplugged the 30, 20 and one 10 so I can concentrate on getting just the other ST10 working. I’ve rebooted the router a few times, and logged out of the app, deleted & reinstalled the app, tried to reconnect the ST, and when I tried to remove it I get the “that didn’t work” 1046 error message again and then 4004/0 , (problem checking for an update)

I've run out of ideas, any advice would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: solid yellow

Author Accepted Answer selected by GH02

Thanks for letting us know, @GH02. It's possible that we'll need to force a firmware update on your speakers to help the app connect them.

To update your SoundTouch 10, go HERE. (Follow steps under 'Manually updating with a USB cable' heading)

To update your SoundTouch 20 & 30, go HERE. (Follow steps under 'Manually updating with a USB cable' heading)

Afterwards, try and re-connect the speakers to the SoundTouch app and you should have success! Let me know how things go.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tegan_M

Hi GH02,

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear that you're having issues with accessing your presets. Thanks for taking the time in already looking into some troubleshooting. 

Are you able to access any WiFi services in the SoundTouch App?

Can you inform us on what stations your presets were?

Which LED on your system is showing to be amber? Is this flashing or solid?

Do let us know! 😊

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
GH02
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

None of the presets work on any of the 4 devices, but I can access them all from a computer so I know the stations are live on Tunein. On the 10s its shows a solid amber on the soundtouch indicators, and the 20 and 30 just say "select a preset or explore music on the soundtouch app". When I do that on the app, I get the "we cant play that right now please try again later (1005)"

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming this! 

I would recommend resetting your router. You can do this by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. 

Once complete, retest. If this does not work, try deleting the application and re-installing it. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
GH02
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

As my first post, I’ve already tried rebooting the router, setting up the router again, and reinstalling the app, but still not able to add any ST devices.

The furthest I can get is when the app tries to name the speaker, and after a few minutes get the message "Cant connect, something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to your soundtouch account. Please try again later"

Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by GH02

Thanks for letting us know, @GH02. It's possible that we'll need to force a firmware update on your speakers to help the app connect them.

To update your SoundTouch 10, go HERE. (Follow steps under 'Manually updating with a USB cable' heading)

To update your SoundTouch 20 & 30, go HERE. (Follow steps under 'Manually updating with a USB cable' heading)

Afterwards, try and re-connect the speakers to the SoundTouch app and you should have success! Let me know how things go.

View solution in original post