Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_E

Re: ST 30 II All preset buttons result in stop sign, white box

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies on the subject. The 18.0.11 firmware is currently the up-to-date firmware for SoundTouch.

Can I check that your SoundTouch apps are also up to date? Is an update available via the app? If not, have you all tried signing out of the app and then signing back in?

If that doesn't help either, we can try the two more thorough kinds of reset of the SoundTouch speakers. The first is a simple reset:

- SoundTouch 30 II: please turn the system off. Then, on the system, push and hold the AUX button for 15 seconds.

- SoundTouch 20: the same process applies. Or, if you have a "Bluetooth | AUX" button on your speaker, turn off the SoundTouch 20 and unplug it for 30 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord, wait for the "beep-boop" uptone to indicate that the system is receiving power, then retest the presets.

- SoundTouch 10: turn off the SoundTouch 10 and unplug it for 30 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord, wait for the "beep-boop" uptone to indicate that the system is receiving power, then retest the presets.

If this does not resolve the issue, we can also attempt a factory reset of the speaker. To do this, make sure the speaker is turned on, then press and hold the system's "1" and "Volume -" buttons for 10 seconds. Either a countdown from 10 will begin, or all front LEDs will glow solid after 1 second; after 10 seconds, all front LEDs will blink white.

nickb - you asked if there is any interaction with your mobile device when using the preset buttons? The answer is no - the mobile device is only involved here if the app is being used.

However, regarding the 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks on the router, it would of course be possible to split your router network into two networks (one 2.4GHz and one 5GHz), if this has not already been done, and then to make the connection to whichever network is relevant to your SoundTouch product. For the SoundTouch 20 and 30, this is 2.4GHz if the speaker only has an "AUX" button. If it has a "Bluetooth | AUX" button, you can try the 5GHz network, which tends to be faster and less congested.

For the SoundTouch 10, you can try the 5GHz network for the same reasons.

Splitting the router into two networks has been known to resolve connectivity issues such as these. Let me know if it works in your cases.

I hope this information helps. If you need any additional help, please let us know as ewe are happy to help.

Best regards

-    Ben - Bose Support

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!
nickb
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 27, 2015

Re: ST 30 II All preset buttons result in stop sign, white box

Hi,

My app is at 18.1.4 but as you say that there is no interaction with the mobile device then this is not relevant I guess?

Today all is working fine so I'll leave it as it is for now.

I did previously try a reset and also removed the speaker and added it again which did not appear to help.

Then suddenly a miracle happend and it started working again.

Not much for you to go on I know...

Maybe how is the preset information stored? Could it get corrupted in anyway?

My preset did not work but searching for the station via internet radio did?