Highlighted
Avro
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 1, 2018

ST-30 connected to WiFi, named speaker, but app cannot add speaker

Hi - does anyone know the solution to this problem? Location is India, if that matters.

From Moto G4 plus phone, I couldn't connect to WiFi. But with a Samsung Note 4 edge, I could go till the naming step, and then it says there was a problem connecting the speaker.

Will be great if someone can help with this.

Thanks and regards,
Avro.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: ST-30 connected to WiFi, named speaker, but app cannot add speaker

Hello @Avro,

I am sorry to hear this is happening. I would like to gather some more information from you, so I can investigate further.

Are you setting this up in a home or work environment? What is the make and model of the router you are using? Have you tried setting it up with a computer, either Windows PC or Mac?

Also, you could try power cycling your router to see if that makes a difference. Try to avoid using special characters when naming the system.

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Avro
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 1, 2018

Hi Joel,

Many thanks for your reply.

I tried all those things you suggested. Tried from a Windows computer, result was same. Goes to last step and says 'something happened and we couldn't add speaker..'. Power cycling also did not help.

Router is TPlink WR841N. Network is home network, but sourced from an university Lan port.

Thanks and regards,
Avradeep.

Hello @Avro,

Thank you for getting back to me with the details.

I am not sure if the university may be blocked the ports needed for SoundTouch or may have a firewall that also could be getting in the way. Do you have a friend or family members house that you could take it over there and see if it would complete the setup? This may help to see if it is something that is out of your control since it is a university network and they are usually very secure.

Warm Regards,

Joel