Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

ST 300 Compability Issues With Samsung UHD - ARC?

Bought ST 300, with the Aqusticmass 300 and Virtually Invisable 300. It cost a lot.

Uploaded to latest SW version 16.1 , 19th October.

Have Samsung UE65HU8205.

The sound worked for 26 hours, then I got the same old problem back , i.e. the TV do not detect the ST 300 and there is NO SOUND.

Before the SW upgrade, I have changed my ST300 to a new version.

I repetitively (after a few days , sometimes a week) have to do the follwoing process:

Disconnect the ARC cable from TV. Remove/unplug power from TV, uplug power from ST300. Connect ARC cable to TV, pulg power to TV followed by ST300. Recalibarate the systen again.

This is totally BAD. I thought that BOSE was high quality products, but I have been told by retailers that BOSE has severe problems with SW development and compablity to TV  vendors, Which is strange since BOSE sell a soundbar to connect to a TV. Or is it any other use of this equipment?

Samsung TV is maybe a quite wellknown TV supplier, and it can not be a surprise that a soundbar may be needed to be connected to a Samsung TV?

I hoped that the latest SW version should have solved the ARC compability defects but it did NOT!

I talked to Bose Support in Sweden and got the advice to return my equipment, which was a quite surprising advice.

Is there any other support availble ? How to get my expensive soundbar to work with my TV ? Or is it a normal process recommended by Bose to disconnect all cables and power, reconfigure the system and then you may get it to work for a few hours ?

Appriciate real support and advice from Bose.

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: ST 300 Compability Issues With Samsung UHD - ARC?

Hi Peter T, 

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had such a bad experience. I'd like to try some troubleshooting and if we can't get it resolved we can escalate this up to our software team to get some input from them. Thank you for providing so much good information on your TV and setup. First of all, most Samsung TVs don't really reset unless they're unplugged for a solid 60 seconds. Curiously, when you unplug power to your TV do you leave it unplugged for at least 60 seconds? What software version are you running on your TV? Is there an update available? If so, can you try to update the TV and see if it helps?

When powering on your devices, try this method. First turn on the ST300 soundbar, then turn on your peripheral devices (cable box, DVD player, etc), and most importantly turn on your TV last. We've seen the greatest success from turning on devices in this order. 

Please, let us know if this helps. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Hi Brent.

Thanks for replying.

The SW version on my TV is T-GFP8DEUC-2370.2, BT-S. It should be the latest SW version.

Yes, when I have to do the full "reconfig" I unplug TV, ST 300, Bass module and souround speakers for at least 60 sec. Before I do this, I disconnect the HDMI ARC cable from TV.

I have not tried to just unplug power to the TV.  I will try that next time I get problems.

Now everything has been working for 4 days since my last "full reconfig".

I cannot just power on my ST300, since it also power on my TV after a couple of seconds. So if you could explain more on how to do this?

Appriciate the support!

Best regards

Peter

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Today problem happend again. ST300 was not detectable by the TV and it was not possible to adjust volume on the ST 300; and the pairing with bass and soround speakers was lost.

Unplugged TV and paired the bass etc again. Now its working.

What is Bose comments and recommendations on this? Is this how your products works?

what is your real information regarding ARC compability with Samsung? Will you ever be able to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 11, 2017

My question exactly!  It's been a known issue for over a year now.  Really confused why Bose hasn't implemented a fix.  Bose...put a team of people together, sit down with Samsung, and get it done!  Figure it out already!!!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Still problems. Now using optical and lost TV remote functions for volume adjustment as a consequense. Bose remote totally useless to adjust volume, and have continues problems to reach the soundbar 4 meters away.

I have informed all my connections, friends etc, that Not to ever buy any Bose products and will continue to update the world that this is the worst crap I ever bought.

In fact I may dedicate my life to prevent Bose to continue to pollute with your products. I purchased a second Samsung TV and bought the belonging soundbar from Samsung, no problems , working excellent, perfect sound and I Dont have to disconnect all cables, power on and off, check latest SW version on my TV , power company, cables, shoes, Laptop and other great support tips. I.e Samsung can deliver what a soundbar should do which as a small hint for Bose, is to transmitt sound from the TV.

NO I do not want another useless tip,hint or information from any Bose robot in this forum or in reply to this.