Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TarlikaP
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Re: ST 300 Remote Control - volume buttons stopped working for tv

Hi Brian,

I already have it set to  "Alternate On". Bottom line is that it si not working and I don't see why tjere is not resolutions to this problem. It has been nearly two years based on all of the posts I see on this blog.

TarlikaP

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello TarlikaP,

Thank you for updating us with all of the information. Have you checked to see if your TV has any software updates available? What is the exact model number of your Samsung TV? Have you tried powering the SoundTouch 300 first, then followed by the TV and does it make any difference?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

TarlikaP
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Hi Joel,

Due to the ongoing problems I used the optical cable for a few days. Then I tried to troublehsoot some more. 

I  reconnected HDMI ARC and changed the CEC setting from Alternate On to  Default On from the Bose app. Unplugged the power for the soundbar and tried to see if this worked. It didn't so I switched back to Alternate On. Then I went to the Bose store - they told me that Bose has fixed the issue in the latest software version. Recommened that I turn off the CEC setting. I tried that but that didn't do anything. So I switched back to Alternate On. Also now I power the Satellite box first then the SoundTouch 300 and TV last which has worked for the past two days. Will have to see if it continues to work.

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi TarlikaP, 

Thank you for responding. That is good to hear. Please keep us posted if the issue returns. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support