Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

ST 300, Ver 16.XX Better then 15.XX, issues and benifits

Hi All, 

I recently was upgraded with 16.XX on ST 300 and its sub speakers. I strongly feel this version is much better then 15.XX. They have added a new "Auto Off" function which i see yet needs improvement.

Issue with AUTO OFF Function

As soon as you put your TV on Mute using the SET TOP Box remote, the Auto Off function is triggered for the time set and the TV ( Bez of CEC link) and Speakers get switched off after the set time. if you switch on the Speakers mannually after the auto off, there is a audo sync issue, which you need to go into your TV settings and addust the audio sync or u need to swithch off your Settop box and TV and Seakers and restart them. 

I hope this is taken care in the next version or intermidiate release versions. 

There is quite a improvement on Sound part both from BASS and Center Speakers, However it still lacks the sharpness and clearity for whith BOSE is recognized. However it is much better then its predessor 15.XX.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: ST 300, Ver 16.XX Better then 15.XX, issues and benifits

Hi ranbirsood, 

Thank you for the post and the feedback. Does the auto off issue you mention also happen if you use the remote for the ST300? Or only when muting the TV from the set top box remote? Can you try to adjust the CEC setting on the soundbar to "Alternate On" and see if that helps? To do so:

1. In the SoundTouch app, select Menu > Settings > Speaker Settings > [select the system] > Advanced Setup > HDMI-CEC.
  2. To change the current setting, select the empty circle next to the preferred option
    1. Default On Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Prevents unintended source switching and may fix CEC inconsistencies
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  3. Press the X in the upper right to close the window

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Re: ST 300, Ver 16.XX Better then 15.XX, issues and benifits

Hi Brent,

I tested the solutions given by you. There is no improvement and the system has the same Sync issue even when Alternate On is switched on. 

After Switching on the "Alternate On" setting, the only thing that happened is that when i switch on my Smart TV, the Sound bar does not automatically switches on, i have to manually switch it on with ST300 Remote. 

With "Default On" setting, when ever i switch on My Smart TV the Sound bar also switches on, which is desireable. 

The problem is when the i use the Settop box remote, and there is an auto off traggered by the sound bar due to auto off function, the sound after switching back on the sound bar, TV and turning of the mute set by set top box remote after auto off function is triggered is out of sync to the video. In order to get it back to sync i need to turn off all the systems, TV, Soundbar and Settop box and restart them. Then the sound comes back to sync. 

Techenically speaking, Auto off is doing what is it ment to do perfectly, though it would have been better if it was triggered when audio and video input both are absent, but one can live with it. 

However the out of sync after switching off is something undesirable, this must be happening due to delay of audio input to the audo buffer of the soundbar which is empty after mute is triggered via settop box. Assuming there is a buffer or something simillar. 

The audio sync is not triggered with using Mute from ST300, it might be because though the mute is triggered by user, the mute is triggered at output end. The input end of the soundbar should receive proper audio signal which due to mute does not go to the output. In earlier setting when mute is triggered by Settop box the audo input is stopped at the settop box end because of which the soundbar triggeres a auto shut down clock for 20 mins as it is not receiving any audio signal. And when things come back on, the video input is being processed by TV is ahead of Sound input which practially is being processed by soundbar. 

i am not sure how you tend to correct this issue, as you are experts on the product. But this this is quite frustationing. However i am a strong fan of bose products due to their quality and support, and hope that stays that way. 

Let me know if you need me to do some more tests in future.

For your question, does this problem occer using ST300 remote. My answer is No, as i explained earlier, using this remote the Auto off function is not triggered even after 20 mins and so their is no sync issue with audio and video input when mute is turned off using ST 300 remote.