Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Candy52
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

ST 300 and bass unit

I have a Soundtouch 300 with a bass unit.  We got a new tv and I thought I hooked it up correctly.  The bass unit does not work.  I tried to pair it with the soundbar and it wouldn’t pair.   The light on the bass unit is steady white.  On the soundbar itself the tv icon has a dim white light.  I hope this makes sense since I’m a little challenged when it comes to this kind of technology.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Candy52
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Re: ST 300 and bass unit

Author Accepted Answer selected by Candy52

I solved my problem by getting a new system.  Bose makes a great product but the method of tech support leaves much t be desired.  I thank the guys who tried to help me but it's frustrating to wait days between replies.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Candy52,

Welcome to the Community, thanks for joining us!

If you are getting a steady white light on the back of your bass module then this means it has connected to your soundbar successfully. Are you not getting any sound from the bass module?

How do you have your soundbar connected to your TV? Are you using the optical connection or the HDMI-ARC?

As you mentioned this started since you have got your new TV, it is worth checking the audio format your new TV is using. The SoundTouch 300 can support Dolby Digital and DTS, so if your TV is trying to use another audio format it may not give you the intended sound quality. You can usually check the audio format your TV is using from the sound/audio settings on the TV.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Candy52
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

There is no sound coming from the bass unit.  I am using the optical connection.

Sam_F

Hey Candy52,

Thank you for clarifying. Is this the first time you're setting up this bass module unit, or has it worked for you in the past? 

I'd recommend disconnecting the module from power for two minutes to perform a reset. Also, if the module shows a white LED, you may want to adjust the level of bass:

1. On the remote control, press BASS.
  2. Soundbar indicators
  3. On the remote control, press Volume + to increase the bass. Press Volume - to decrease the bass
  4. Press BASS. The soundbar saves your settings

Let me know if you continue to not hear/feel a response from the bass module.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Candy52
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

• Ok....here is where I stand.

I tried to reset the sound bar by unplugging it and the bass unit.  When I plugged them back in the bass unit will not pair.  I tried several times and the light glows amber.

I’m wondering if the WiFi might be the problem.   But I have no idea how to check that.  A little bit technologically challenged. 😁

Is there any way that there is an issue with the remote?  When the soundbar is on the only button lit up is the TV button,

The units were working until we got the new TV.  The sound bar works fine.  I just can’t get the bass unit pair.

Hope this info helps.

Candy52
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

The latest...

Yesterday it was working and at some point today it stopped, 😐

I updated the ST300. WiFi is working.  I paired the am300 and the ST 300.  It took a few tries but the light on the am300 is white but there is no sound coming out.  It also did not emit a tone to say it had paired.  The WiFi and the TV light are white on the ST300.  I tried to adjust the bass as you suggested.  When I press the bass button on the remote the light on the sound bar shows default.  When I move the volume +or- the volume goes up or down but nothing comes out of the unit.  This is very frustrating as it worked fine before the new TV.  Is there telephone tech support?

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Candy52,

Thanks for the update!

As this has only started since the new TV has been introduced it is possible that something from the TV, or something that was moved to make room for the TV could be interfering with the wireless signal between the soundbar and bass module. One thing you could do to easily test for this interference is to connect the soundbar and bass module together using a 3.5mm jack cable. If the bass module works correctly when connected with this cable it lets you know something is interfering wirelessly and will allow us to look into what could be causing this interference with you.

Any 3.5mm jack cable will work for this, but if you don't have one available to test with you can reach out to your local support team to get hold of one. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how this goes!

Candy52
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Candy52

I solved my problem by getting a new system.  Bose makes a great product but the method of tech support leaves much t be desired.  I thank the guys who tried to help me but it's frustrating to wait days between replies.

View solution in original post