LilBigfoot
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

ST Link and Receiver not compatible?

I have a Onkyo Stereo Reciever with a DVD Player, Sirius Reciever and Turntable playing through it in my Man Cave. I want to cast the music I'm playing on the reciever to the living room. So, I purchased the Bose ST Wireless Link and ST 10 Speaker.

Had a nice lady at Bose Tech Services help me set up the link and speaker. Using the optical cable pluged into the Game Audio In on the reciever and Audio Out on the Link. Wifi is connected. App works on iPhone 6s Plus.

HOWEVER. It seems that  the only music I can play is from the radio stations on the app or my music library if I can get that accessed. The tech advised me that is correct and that I can't get a CD I'm playing on the reciever cast to the ST 10 in my living room. Is this correct?? If so, this Bose system doesn't solve my problem. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Re: ST Link and Receiver not compatible?

Author Accepted Answer selected by LilBigfoot

You need to connect to an audio out on your receiver and to the aux in on the ST link. In the app, when you select the ST link in the app you should see 3 source icons. Select the aux icon then select play all to have the aux in audio of the ST link sent to the ST10.

The set up you have now will allow for whatever you have selected to play in the app to be heard through your onkyo stereo when the game source is selected. Dont select the game source on the onkyo and aux of the ST link at the same time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by LilBigfoot

You need to connect to an audio out on your receiver and to the aux in on the ST link. In the app, when you select the ST link in the app you should see 3 source icons. Select the aux icon then select play all to have the aux in audio of the ST link sent to the ST10.

The set up you have now will allow for whatever you have selected to play in the app to be heard through your onkyo stereo when the game source is selected. Dont select the game source on the onkyo and aux of the ST link at the same time.

View solution in original post

LilBigfoot
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

Thanks very much for the info James. I understand your first sentence....I was able to use an RCA splitter and send a Sirius XM signal to my reciever and ST Link. I now have Sirius music playing through my reciever as well as playing on the ST 10 in the living room. This was my goal. I can turn on or shut off both locations at the same time or seperately.

As to your second statement, haven't got that worked out yet. A tech friend and I will work on that tomorrow. You turned a down day into a positive one. Thanks. Don

LilBigfoot
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017