Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

ST app unable to scroll between multiple zones

The soundtouch app takes minutes to scroll though the dozen zones we have.

Older versions (years ago) gave us a birds eye view of all zones & allowed us to play any or all zones from there. Similar to how you’re able to see all zones in the settings area.

I wished Bose would bring back that functionality or at the very least allow users with many zones, like me, to be able to fluidly move from one zone to the next.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: ST app unable to scroll between multiple zones

Hi VP,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with the SoundTouch App.

What device do you have the app installed on?  Can we try it on multiple apps to see if the same thing happens globally?

When you state that you have a dozen "zones", does this mean a dozen different systems?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Thanks for the reply. I’m just reading this now. I have about eight soundtouch speakers (mid between 10,20, & 30’s) as well as many soundtouch SA5 amps. Most are operating via WiFi & a handful are hardwired via Ethernet.

Could we schedule a call to troubleshoot?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello VP,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, I completely understand the frustration you are dealing with. 

We're unable to schedule a callback through the community, but have you tried calling support and if so what was the result?

Does this happen both on mobile devices and computers with the lag of switching in between systems?

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

I only use the iPhone & ipad apps to control the soundtouch zones & both fail to scroll through the zones - takes like 15 minutes to scroll from my first to last zone.

Is there a way to get a birds eye view of all zones like the version a few years back. Scrolling from one to another zone is fine with just a few zones but nearly impossible for customers that have over ten zones.

I’m working on picking up a new mesh network solution & see if that helps. I will call in once set up.