frogmoi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

ST30, ST20, ST10, STWirelessLink - any possibility to hard set an Access Point?

I have more than one network in my home and need to have the STxx linked to a specific Access Point so they don't hunt and link to the wrong network possible?  - additionally the ST10 and ST30 now disappear from the app (an already reported issue - awaiting an update on that one - last entry 10/30), albeit by using the remote or the keypad they do still link to the net and play - and reconfig ('2' + '-') shows the proper access point - started to happen since the last upgrade, before that time were very stable (albeit with the same access point hunting if power reset - storm!).

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: ST30, ST20, ST10, STWirelessLink - any possibility to hard set an Access Point?

Hi frogmoi,

Thank you for the question!

Do the networks have different SSIDs or are they all the same?  If you've connected the systems to a different SSID and want them to forget it, you'll have to factory reset the systems to clear the Wi-Fi pairing list.

You said that you are waiting on a response on your reported issue?  Did you report it here on the community?

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

frogmoi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Re: ST30, ST20, ST10, STWirelessLink - any possibility to hard set an Access Point?

Hello Brandon, thank you fopr the quick response - will do a factory reset to see if that fixes the AP hunt.

Additional issue - I have not yet researched on the community 

ST30 - play 

Select ST10 to create Group 

ST30 shows - xxx Group +1

ST10 shows power on ----> no streaming heard

IF ST10 is powered-on on its own, whatever selected streams ...

so something gets lost (wish I knew the protocol between the ST's when creating a group) - this is a fairly recent development - willl investigate if the central AP could be guilty

Other issue mentioned in my first posting:

Awaiting a response to the following report (not mine, just monitoring as I experience the same - whereby speakers disappear in the app, either IOS and/or Androi)

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000280 EndHTML:000023986 StartFragment:000018485 EndFragment:000023813 StartSelection:000018698 EndSelection:000023795 SourceURL:https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/ST10-Speakers-Randomly-Decide-to-Disappear-From-Ne...

winesnob
Silent Starter