I have a setup of Bose ST300 + AM300 + VI300 speakers which i purchased about 2 months ago. All the speakers are connected via the same network within my living room. The AM 300 is placed approx 1 foot away from my ST300 (and both of these are within 7 feet of my router).
The issue i'm facing seems to have occured shortly after updating via the latest firmware version on the Soundtouch app. I am no longer able to get any sound / bass from the AM300 module. When i turn off the Bass Module within the soundtouch app, i can hear Bass from the main ST300 module. However, as soon as i switch on the Bass Module within the App, i don't get any bass from the ST300 module, nor from the AM300.
I am intermittently able to get the Bass module to produce sound (via the wifi connection) if i keep turning off the entire setup and turning it back on - this happens at random and i am unable to identify any pattern. However after turning off the system for a short while, i'm back to no bass when i switch it on again.
Furthermore i tried connecting the AM300 directly via a stereo cable, however that didn't seem to work either. **UPDATE -- It seems that when i wire the AM300 to the ST300 and reboot both after wiring, then i get bass from AM300 with a white status light. However Wifi doesn't seem to connect**
I have tried multiple factory resets by :
1. Pressing the Soundtouch button + CC on the remote control
2. Downloading the file and manually updating via the instructions mentioned here https://www.bose.sg/en_sg/support/article/updating-soundtouch-300.html
Details of app versions running are:
ST 300 - ver 20.0.6
Soundtouch app on iphone - Interface version 20.0.6, Protocol version 61, App version 20.0.3
Other relevant information
1. Within the Soundtouch app itself, within Menu > Settings > About > ST300 ---> I am able to see AM300 (01.09.15) and Virtually Invisible Left and Right.
2. When the bass module isn't working the status indicator at the back of the AM300 module constantly pulses amber / white / red followed by about 7 seconds of no light. The order of the system status light is amber - white - gap of 1 second with no light - red - 7 seconds of no light, and then it repeats the cycle.
3. I'm in Singapore and you may want to check in on the quality of after sales service being offered -- i've tried calling the After sales service number listed here (on monday - friday between 9 am and 5 pm) for over a week now and keep getting a pre-recoreded message that all service agents are busy, so i leave my phone number but there has been no attempt to call back.
Needless to say i am disappointed at this level of service after spending thousands of dollars on the sound system.
I do hope you can assist.