Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

ST300 ARC is working & what are the configurations thread

All, 

as there are tons of posting on ST 300 ARC not working I thought it is maybe helpful to collect as well the configurations in which the system is working as expected to have another view to identify the problem ...

So here is mine :

- ST300 updated to latest firmware, TV Samsung 55KS7000 (2016 version), Freebox revolution (french cable box), Box connected via HDM1, ST300 connected via HDMI ARC, system worked prior to SW update correct and is still working after Bose SW update. Samsung remote control switches on/off TV, ST300 and cable box. Audio is controlled via ARC by samsung TV remote control. No other devices connected via HDMI nor optical.

If you find this useful .. please add your configuration. 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 14, 2016

Re: ST300 ARC is working & what are the configurations thread

ST 300, SAMSUNG KS9000, SKY Q, SAMSUNG BLU-RAY.

NEVER had any ARC problems.
NOW after the latest firmware its got the ARC issue.

ABSOLUTELY ridiculous that there is ZERO back up from BOSE customer service department

Alex.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

It might be helpful if someone, anyone from BOSE was actually interested in their customer's problems and issues.......

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

I use the ST300 with samsung UE55h6400. never had any arc issues to begin with. After the update, it is still working fine. Ensure in the ST app, youve got your HDMI ARC settings correct and also that your tv settings are correct.

My configuration is TV>>>Soundbar via ARC, PS3 >> HDMI IN on the ST300. I am able to switch the audio source when I need to.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 14, 2016

@pr4vi
I always take screen shots of all settings of the app prior to any update and ensure the setting are the same after the update.
The settings on the Samsung are exactly the same as well.

Weird how this only happened after the latest update.

Alex.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

Sony KDL-50W829B - ST300 connected via HDMI latest firmware - no issues now - no issue before, Sony Blu Ray connected via ST300 pass thru HDMI and Sky HD box connected via HDMI direct to tv.

Sony KDL-42W815B - ST300 connected via HDMI latest firmware - no issues now - no issue before, Sony Blu Ray connected via ST300 pass thru HDMI and Sky HD box connected via HDMI direct to tv.

The first system is the complete 5.1 setup, the other is the just the soundbar on its own. the only issue i have experienced so far is the bass module not switching on when the system was powered up this was recitfied in the previous SW update and been perfect since. I haven't even need the volume control for the rear speakers either.

Very happy with all the Soundtouch systems and other Bose products that I am happy to have.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 8, 2017

LG UHD 65UH652T

Very simple set up - HDMI from TV arc to ST300.

Was working fine until I updated the soundbar yesterday. My TV doesn't even recognise it anymore. TV settings are the same, nothing has changed other then the firmware update for the ST300.

What is going on Bose!?

UPDATE: Appears turning on SIMPLINK in the settings has made everything work. Before the update it was working with SIMPLINK off.

UPDATE2: Jumped the gun.. Sound through arc randomly cuts out...Bose?????

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

HI All,

long time reader first time poster. i have samsung 65 K9000 SUDH TV. what i have found it when i have all the HDMI connected ST 300 does not work but it works fine when i leave 1 of the HDMI out.  my config is

ST300> TV via ARC

Xbox one S>ST300

PS4>TV HDMI

Foxtel>TV HDMI

that leave 1 HDMI port free on the TV. thus far no issues but as soon as i introduce the the 4th device connected to the TV HDMI all hell breaks lose and ST300 is no longer responsive or connect no matter what i do. take the 4th device out and by magic it starts to work.

Overall when it works its a great product but still bit disappointed that i lose 1 HDMI connection plus theres not sound controlling on the ST300...you can only control bass not treble...pity

thanks