BP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

ST300 + SKY Q + Samsung TV

I have the following setup:

Sky q connected to ST300 via hdmi
St300 connected to Samsung tv via hdmi arc

sound comes through the ST300 fine when watching Sky. When I turn off the TV, the TV input light goes off on the ST300 and no sound comes out - that’s great and works exactly as it should.

However, When I turn the TV Back on, the TV Source light doesn’t come back on the ST300, instead i have to press the TV Source button on the BOSE remote to get The TV to recognise the Sky is on and display Sky.

Is there a way to fix this so I don’t need to use the BOSE remote to press the TV source button every time I turn the tv on?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: ST300 + SKY Q + Samsung TV

Hi BP,

Thanks for the question, and welcome to the Community!

Does it ever switch over to TV automatically, or do you always have to change it?

If you go into the SoundTouch app, and go to Settings>Speaker Settings>[SoundTouch 300], and change the HDMI-CEC setting to "Alternate CEC", does this help at all?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
BP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Hi 

thanks for the reply - I've tried that too, but its still the same. 

Everytime i turn the TV on, I need to press the TV Icon button on the BOSE remote. It doesnt come on automatically when i turn the TV on

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again BP,

Ok, thanks for checking that for me.  

We know that the ST is up to date, but can we check to see if the TV firmware is up to date as well, and if not update it?  If I remember correctly they will usually stay up to date automatically as long as they are connected to Wi-Fi, but let's check just to be 100% sure.  This is assuming that your TV is a Smart TV.

What is the model number of your Samsung television?

Since you purchased and set the system up, have you tried power cycles on both the TV and soundbar?  If not, lets give that a shot.  A 15 minute power cycle is recommended for the Samsung TV, and the Bose should only need a minute or so.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
BP
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Hi

thanks - ok so, TV is upto date, you're correct it is on Auto-Update. My Samsung is UE65MU6400. 

I've done the Power Cycle on both the TV and ST for 15 mins & 1 mins as recommended but still the same issue. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again BP,

Thanks for trying that.

At this time, it may not auto switch.  Is there anybody else in the community that can confirm that their Samsung TV will do this?

Best,

Brandon