ranbirsood
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

ST300 Version 17.0.12 is Pathetic. Request update or downgrade to previous good version.

I am Having ST 300 along with AM300, Recently the system was updated to 17.0.12 revision. However this updated version is pethatic and a insult on sound in itself. I have observed following issues

1. At Random some channels of TV or Movies on Netflix suddenly loose Audio and instead noise or some superimpossed audio (may be from some internet radio) starts playing on random. This issue resolved once you power off or reboot your ST300 along with Smart TV

2. If an auto off is triggered either by TV or Soundbar, then swithing back on initiates the issue mentioned in point 1. the only solution here is to switch of your system and switch it on back. 

3. The volume, Base/Bass is feels seriously downgraded from the previous version of this system. 

Now the output of the system  feels like a 50$ cheep Local speakers with no ballance and sound quality and subdued audio. Clearity is history now

I am wondering does anyone else has this same issue? 

Is there a way to downgrade the system to previous version?

When can we expect a update making things back to normal?

REQUEST HELP

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
lena
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 7, 2017

Re: ST300 Version 17.0.12 is Pathetic. Request update or downgrade to previous good version.

No issuses here at all, everything is working as expected with 17.0.12, no changes in sound quality since v16

ranbirsood
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Re: ST300 Version 17.0.12 is Pathetic. Request update or downgrade to previous good version.

@lena wrote:

No issuses here at all, everything is working as expected with 17.0.12, no changes in sound quality since v16

Thanks Lena, But i seriously see a drop in quality at my end. It was working all good with V 16. 

Is there a way to downgrade to V16 or reinstall the updates once again just to ensure no stone is left unturned? any one has any idea how to do that. 

If it needs to be done manually, can where do i get the firmware files?

Hello ranbirsood,

Thank you for posting and I am sorry to hear this. How do you have the system connected to your TV, HDMI or Optical? Have you tried a different cable to see if the issue clears up at all? Did you try re-running AdaptIQ?

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

ranbirsood
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello ranbirsood,

Thank you for posting and I am sorry to hear this. How do you have the system connected to your TV, HDMI or Optical? Have you tried a different cable to see if the issue clears up at all? Did you try re-running AdaptIQ?

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards,

Hi Joel

I am connected via HDMI to TV.The Settop box is connected to TV directly not to ST300.

I have not tested all other configrations What i would do is i will do some detailed testing on following grounds tomorrow and post results.

1. Use of different HDMI Cable

2. Use of Optical cable instead of HDMI

3. Re configure used adapt IQ   

After having does above test i will post results tomorrow by this time.

But i strongly doubt if anything would work, bez the issue comes randomly. and i think i would need to reinstall the entire firware again or wait for next update to come along 

Alexturton
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2017

I had the same issue yesterday. My Soundtouch 300 and VI SPEAKERS mostly cut out when watching sky. I could head sound from the rear speakers. There was no centre channel and muffled left and right. But it sounded like some music was playing from someone.

Complete power down power down of everything and removing hdmis fixed it.

I’m using. Sky hd with HDMI to tv
LG c7
Optical out from tv to st300
Dolby audio
Alexturton
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2017

I’ve also had an issue whereby every now and again the audio drops for a fraction of a second then comes back; really annoying when watching a movie
ranbirsood
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Hi Joel

I tried all the combinations, The result is same, "Random drop in audo". The same has been experienced by Alex as per his post here. My configration is also same as his, LG C7 and HDMI Audio connected. 

The reasion i suspect the upgrade or BOSE system going faulty because when the audio drops and i move my my external BOSE speakers to internal Speakers of  LG C7, the sound becomes normal. 

I did a Adopt IQ, the results did not make any difference, nor did the change in HDMI cable or Optical cable. 

Can you please help with downgrade or an early upgrade to this issue.

The issue is very random, and there is no specific time or channel that causes it. It started after the upgrade of Jan 17th was installed. Drop in quality of voice is also noticable after that upgrade.

Hope the resolution comes in fast or atlease we get an alternative to move to previous version. 

Honda
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2017

I just watched Alien Covenant 4K HDR after new update.   ST 300 still sounds great no prpblems

ranbirsood
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello ranbirsood,

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Request any update or workaround on this subject. Any one from BOSE team Please support. No improvement with all options tried.  

Thanks....