Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: ST300 Version 17.0.12 is Pathetic. Request update or downgrade to previous good version.

Hello ranbirsood,

Thank you for getting back to me with all the results. There is a few other things I would like to you to test before I escalate this to engineering. Can you try a factory default of the SoundTouch 300? Also what type of HDMI cables are you using or have tested with? 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support 

ranbirsood
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Re: ST300 Version 17.0.12 is Pathetic. Request update or downgrade to previous good version.

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello ranbirsood,

Thank you for getting back to me with all the results. There is a few other things I would like to you to test before I escalate this to engineering. Can you try a factory default of the SoundTouch 300? Also what type of HDMI cables are you using or have tested with? 

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support 

Hello Joel, 

Thanks on getting back. I did the factory default setting yesterday and tested all posibile combinations after getting all the settings and adaptIQ done again. The results did not make any difference. However i could find a way to exectly replicate the issue which also appears randomly. 

When ever i put my ongoing netflix slow on pause and wait for 20 minutes for the same to go into auto off mode. and then when i switch the system back on, i ususally get depressed sound and many a times multiple sounds embedded behind the sound of the series i am watching. The music in the background is coming out of some false input or station radio when the system is set to watch TV sound. 

More to above the above the background sound in any channel TV or Netflix is more high pitched then the dialogue.

The HDMI Cable i am useing is the one that came as default with the sound bar in the package. I dont recall the brand but looks like a good quality. 

Overall there are two issues

1. Depressed sound, with some random interception of some internet radio that is not tunned to randomly appers

2. Audio quality, which almost looks flat pitched, but background music has elivated pitch to HD channels. 

Looking forward for your response to resolve this issue.

The issues above were not present in previous version before to Jan17 update. 

Looking forward for your response soon on this subject. 

Thanks

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi ranbirsood,

Upon further investigation on this issue, there was no changes made to audio in the recent update. I recommend to contact your local contact center to set up service for the SoundTouch 300. If you go HERE, select your county, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose Contact Us and there will be a phone number listed.

Let us know the results after service.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

ranbirsood
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

@Joel_G wrote:

Hi ranbirsood,

Upon further investigation on this issue, there was no changes made to audio in the recent update. I recommend to contact your local contact center to set up service for the SoundTouch 300. If you go HERE, select your county, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose Contact Us and there will be a phone number listed.

Let us know the results after service.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Thanks, 

I was kind of expecting this reply from BOSE Team. Not at all happy with BOSE quality, i wonder why to even consider BOSE as future products for me. The support system is crazy with BOSE w.r.t to other venders here and the online community does nothing to care for its customer base. 

Thanks for no help from your end, where all i wanted is to know a way to downgrade my firmware version. 

Now that i have done and facing the beats of my mistake of buying BOSE products, There is nothing more i can do, just that i need to stop all future products purchase.