Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

ST300 and QC35 through Wireless bluetooth receiver?

Hi,

Is it possible to connect a wireless bluetooth receiver like for example K9 3.5mm to my ST 300 in order to connect the QC35 to it so I can watch movies with my headphones?

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: ST300 and QC35 through Wireless bluetooth receiver?

Hi Tomg81,

Thanks for writing in!

Based on what you're trying to accomplish, there wouldn't be a way of connecting a Bluetooth headset to the soundbar directly.  In this case, if all your source devices are connected to the TV, you would want to connect a Bluetooth transmitter to the TV.  The connection on the TV to look out for is either the headphone port or an analog audio out (red and white RCA).  It's important to note that it's a transmitter and not a receiver so that it can send a signal to the headset.  Some things to look out for when searching for these adapters is that it supports the SBC codec and the A2DP profile for stereo audio transmission.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Re: ST300 and QC35 through Wireless bluetooth receiver?

Thank you for your answer,

Its just such a big shame, that you buy a ST 300 for hundreds of dollars that have Bluetooth on it and then you cant connect your QC35 headphones to it which should be such an easy thing and most logical when you want to listen to your TV/Music etc quietly without disturbing people in the house.

Thank you