Highlighted
RoyBaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

ST300 has stopped detecting TV

I’ve had my ST300 Soundbar (and AM300 sub) for about 1 month. It’s all connected to my brand new Sony Bravia and has been working fine.

This morning however, the ST300 no longer seems to be connected to the TV. I can play music and radio through it but the ‘audio system active’ alert is not appearing on the TV when I switch on. I’ve tried forcing the TV onto audio system speakers but it suggests there is no connection.

I am using HDMI ARC.

I’ve tried powering everything off, leaving it for a while, then back on. No change.

I can’t understand why it has gone from working perfectly to this, without anyone changing anything.

I’ve tried changing CEC to alternate on, but nothing.

Any advice gratefully received.
12 REPLIES 12
Tiltz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Re: ST300 has stopped detecting TV

I’ve got the same issue, but on a Samsung TV. Sorry, I can’t help, but just thought I’d mention it. I only bought mine yesterday, but will be returning it tomorrow!

RoyBaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Tiltz
I switched off ST, tv, digi-box etc at the wall. Disconnected the HDMI between ST and tv, and left it a few minutes. I then re-connected the cable, switched on everything but the tv, then finally switched on the tv. It all came back as if there had never been a problem!
Tiltz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Hi RoyBaz

Ive tried all of that several times but to no avail.

There are hundreds of posts on here about it, unfortunately, I read them after I had already bought the thing!

I am properly frustrated!!!

RoyBaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Hi Tiltz

I feel your pain. I’ve been buying Bose ever since my first ice style 5 way back in the mid 90s. I buy it because I love the sound, and (usually) the simplicity. We are gradually building up a whole-house SoundTouch network and again, the sound is second to none. I am increasingly frustrated though by what seems to be software issues more than anything hardware. I assume Bose are running Agile development, which means getting new products to market early, then dealing with issues as they arise. Not ideal if you are the mug forking out £thousands for something which still has gremlins!
Back on the main topic, have you checked your tv settings? My Sony has an option to use either the tv speakers or an external system. There’s also the CEC settings within the Bose app.
Tiltz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

RB

I’ve tried everything. I’ve just attempted recycling power to the entire setup again, but am not going to switch it on tonight for fear of bursting a blood vessel!

im building up a house load of soundtouch stuff too, and was hoping the ST would be a good addition, but so far am feeling pretty downhearted by it all!!

if it doesn’t sort itself when I switch it back on then I’ll definitely be returning it tomorrow!

Thanks for your help tho!

Tiltz

RoyBaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Have you tried a factory reset of the ST300? I was close to sending mine back as it wouldn’t pair with the AM300. As a last ditch I tried the reset and it worked.
Tiltz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

Yep, did that this afternoon, and a

like yours, it seemed to be working fine.

Later on I played something thru Bluetooth, but as soon as I switched back to the TV, that was the end of it!

ive tried switching it all back on tonight (couldn’t resist) and it’s still not working. The piece of crap is now boxed up ready to be returned tomorrow!

Ive calmed down a bit now tho! 😂

RoyBaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2016

Ah, there’s a connection here:
Mine has been working fine, then we had some friends round for dinner yesterday. One of them tried connecting her music (on her phone) to our system via Bluetooth. We could see the graphics on the tv, but no sound. I was past caring by that point! So we get up this morning and a system which had been working perfectly well, has apparently developed a fault. Bluetooth seems to be the common denominator. I think we could do with an explanation at this point from Bose.
Tiltz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

I doubt we’ll get one tho, there are loads of threads on problems with the ST300 going back to early 2017. if they were gonna fix it they would have by now?

I just wish I’d done my research before buying it. I got all crazy and treated myself on impulse!!

Never mind eh? I’ll just stick to the Soundwave and add a few more speakers to it for now. Hopefully Bose’ll come up with a better option for the TV at some point in the future?