MikeDVI
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

ST300 turning on by itself

Hi everyone!

I have had my SoundTouch system in my entire house for about two years now, fortunately it works pretty good most of the time. Last week one of my ST 300s started turning itself on in Bluetooth mode and now it keeps doing that! I’ve shut it off, I’ve made sure all of my apps are closed but the speaker keeps turning itself back on in Bluetooth mode. Weird as I never use Bluetooth because I always use whole house sound through one that is hardwired to my router. This one with a mind of its own is on WiFi. I have four ST 300s and two remotes, all others are behaving. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: ST300 turning on by itself

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post.

This certainly does sound like an odd issue and should not be happening, and I'd be happy to assist.

Do you notice if you hear a chirping sound when it turns on as if a device connected to it using Bluetooth?

Have you ever connected the system in the past to any device especially a computer?

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

MikeDVI
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Thanks Joel! Speaker has not been used for Bluetooth in the past. As far as a tone, that is how I discovered this. System was off, and I heard a 3 note tone coming from that room. Went to investigate, and the speaker was on, ready to pair.

Edit - this has happened three times now over about a week, goofy thing just coming on when the system is off. Last night it came on, I brought up the app, set that speaker to play normally (checking the little note icon) and then powered it off. 5 minutes later, it was on again set to bluetooth with those tones "ready to pair". Will probably unplug it to reset and see what happens unless you have another idea or troubleshooting trick 🙂

Thanks again!

Mike

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Mike,

I would suggest doing the same, and if it continues to happen the last step I would recommend is factory default. 

Let me know how this turns out for you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support