MikeSoundTouch30III
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Safely buying returned and repaired new Bose SoundTouch 30 III

Hi Bose,

although I already own a Bose SoundTouch 30 III (right now I'm trying to solve a Bluetooth connectivity issue with one of your moderators - https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/SoundTouch-30-III-Bluetooth-connection-blocked-on-...), I have an opportunity to buy another new one from a proper Bose seller for a very good price, because the device was returned by the first buyer right after a purchase (only the bass played) and then repaired by a big local certified repair firm within the Bose guarantee.

I have a repair protocol that says "AMP/PCB board" was exchanged for a new one and that solved the problem. Don't know if they used a proper Bose component or one made by some other manufacturer, maybe some cheap one "no name" or even put a used one inside, do you think it's save to buy it? The speakers sound like faultless device, but I don't have such a great musical hearing and some musician or an audiophile might hear something fishy that I can't. The seller is the biggest electro-store in the country, it's quality and reliable and will of course provide me with full 2-year guarantee. But even if it won't break down anymore, I don't want a Bose product that don't have that perfectly clear Bose sound for which people buy your speakers.

Thanks in advance
Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Safely buying returned and repaired new Bose SoundTouch 30 III

Author Accepted Answer selected by MikeSoundTouch30III

Hello Mike,

Thank you for getting back to us regarding this.

We would recommend for the most accurate information that you contact your regions Bose product support team, an agent there will be able to provide you with this information as policies can change within region, which is information we unfortunately do not have access too. But a member of staff there will be more than happy to do what they can to assist you and clear these questions up for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi again @MikeSoundTouch30III !

I understand your hesitance to commit here, and would be happy to advise.

Firstly, I wanted to let you know that we have managed to get back to you on the other post, so please follow up there when you can!

As far as this decision goes, this would depend on your country/region.

If you're purchasing this from an authorised Bose re-seller in the EU, USA, or CA then the company would have sent this to us directly for repair and the replacement parts would be legitimate and carry our Bose guarantee.

If you've purchased this from a different country, or a re-seller that is not authorised for Bose, then we cannot guarantee that this has been repaired with legitimate parts. As you have noted, this may still work, but not at the quality you would come to expect from our products.

Ultimately the decision would be yours to make. If you're still unsure, you could always reach out to Support within your country directly to confirm if the store you're using is authorised to sell and repair parts.

I hope this helps, and please return to me with any questions!

Liam W - Community Support

MikeSoundTouch30III
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Hi Liam,

1) I am from the Czech Republic, that is EU.

2) Bose ST30 III seller is the largest electronic store in Czechia and Slovakia, that means it probably has to be authorised Bose reseller.

3) They didn’t apply Bose guarantee after it was returned by a customer by sending it to you directly, but only sent it to country’s Bose authorized service (Elvia company, also probably one of the largest in the country and authorised service within guarantee for the biggest brands - Sony, Pioneer, Behringer and tens more). And they exchanged that "AMP/PCB board" themselves. Tried to get in touch with them, but not sure they will tell truth if they used uncertified components, even if getting an answer, might be worthless.

There is no Bose support within my country, I’ll have to count on your opinion.

Michael

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Michael,

Thanks for returning to me. I would be happy to give you my opinion regarding this.

Our Official Service for Czechia is BaSys, and you can find the information regarding this from the link provided. This is our authorised contact within your country and who we would normally give our guarantee to regarding this. In my opinion, this is the company I would trust to purchase from regarding this.

In your situation, I have looked into Elvia for you. This company, although a respectable seller on it's own, is not an authorised seller of our products, and therefore I cannot guarantee that they would have used replacement parts from Bose directly.

As noted above, if you trust this company to provide you with a quality product and service this is your choice to make!

I hope this helps you make a decision you're happy with.

Liam W

MikeSoundTouch30III
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

Thanks a lot,

I will get in touch with them.

But as it seems that you're in a possession of some list of authorized Bose re-sellers and repair services, can you, please, look up if Electroworld is an authorized seller and Elvia an authorized repair service that takes care of Bose guarantees in Czech Republic (it claims to be on its web page)? There was a misunderstanding when I wrote that "Elvia is a service company" i meant "repair service", the seller is Electroworld.

And the last question, if they are both authorized, can we reliably deduce (with 90%+ probability), that the component that Elvia used in that repair carried out within Bose guarantee was original or at least certified (that is equivalent in quality)? I know you can't be sure, but just what your guts are telling you...

Michael

Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by MikeSoundTouch30III

Hello Mike,

Thank you for getting back to us regarding this.

We would recommend for the most accurate information that you contact your regions Bose product support team, an agent there will be able to provide you with this information as policies can change within region, which is information we unfortunately do not have access too. But a member of staff there will be more than happy to do what they can to assist you and clear these questions up for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post