mobilebuilder08
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Samsung 8500 TV cannot get sound to Soundtouch 300

I have recently gotten the Soundtouch 300 and hooked it up to the Samsung 8500 tv. The only way i could get sound is through the bluetooth function, but I do not think that is the proper way. The Samsung comes with a HDMI HUB, yet I would assume the HDMI HUB would have to go through the Soundtouch, then the Soundtouch to the TV. What would be the proper way to get the Soundtouch to play all audio on the Samsung TV HDMI HUB without using Bluetooth.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Samsung 5800 TV cannot get sound to Soundtouch 300

Hi mobilebuilder08,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the setup troubles, but I'd be happy to help!

I tried pulling up the model TV you mentioned it brings up an older LCD TV, is that correct?  If not, could you provide us the exact model number which can be found on the TV or owner's guide?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

mobilebuilder08
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 16, 2019

Terribly sorry,

It is actually the 8500 series. model number is UN65KS8500F.

Hello mobilebuilder08,

Thank you for the update.

I took a look into this for you, and you have two options.

On the Samsung One Connect Box HDMI 4 would be the ARC connection that you would want to connect your SoundTouch 300 to the One Connect Box. If that option is not working for you, the other connection would be to the back of the TV using the Digital Optical Audio Out to the SoundTouch 300 using an Optical Cable.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support