Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Samsung HDTV with Anynet+/ ST App HDMI-CEC setting resolved no audio for the ST300

I found this very helpful suggestion:
(1. Press Source button on Samsung Remote, move the HDMI CEC (mine is port HDMI4)
2. Press Down button and select Anynet+ and then refresh the list.

( my refresh was listed as ...DEVICE SEARCH in my Anynet setting)

Eventually, Samsung will detect Soundtouch 300, but will not display on the list.

( my Samsung DID show everything plugged into it, including the ST300)

.......Just return to main menu and the sound is there again.  (hopefully)
3. If cannot detect anything, unplug the power source for Samsung TV

( and the Bose)

and retry above steps.) ....

Note..........YOU MUST UNPLUG TV AND BOSE BETWEEN EACH TRY.

I hope this helps someone......

I believe there is a real conflict with Samsung and the Bose ST 300 perhaps due to the Anynet + and the CEC  ( handshake)  

ALSO... I changed my ST App HDMI-CEC setting alternate ON, NOT default  on.

Your TV MUST know in its settings that you have a soundbar plugged into it. Mine does a refresh in the Anynet.

the App for ST300 must be set on the alternate ON for the HDMI-CEC to prevent unintentional audio switching which is what was causing me to not have audio.

2 days with NO ISSUES...

....except the Amber light coming on. ...But I'm working on that issue too.

------just a note:

as I was reminded,  CEC is tricky and what solution might work for one may not work for all !

I was also informed that there is still an update coming to hopefully resolve our Amber paring light issues .

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Possible source help - for the ST300 - for your Samsung HDTV users with Anynet

Hi Sally1957, 

Thank you for sharing what has worked for you. CEC can be tricky at times since its not standardized from company to company. Keep watching for future updates from both us and Samsung and hopefully they will help. If the amber Sync light is randomly coming on, even though your devices are still connected and still playing, we are aware of that as a known bug and are working to resolve it with a future update.

Thank you

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Re: Possible source help - for the ST300 - for your Samsung HDTV users with Anynet

Thank you for the reply! I'm in day 3 no issues, but I am still hoping for the update regarding the Amber paring light. 

Yes, CEC is tricky and what  works for one might not for another.

thank you again, Sally