Highlighted
pm04sss
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Samsung KS9000 65" Not Recognising Bose Soundtouch 300

Happened randomly. Doesn't seem to show up on my tv's choices of output; tv speakers / bluetooth / audio optical out. There used to be a HDMI option. I have tried everything I can imagine from reading the forums here. I've tried: 

- Checked both are plugged into the ARC 

- Tried a different HDMI cable 

- Reset the universal remote with Samsung 0060 code (although not 100% I reset this properly however it seems to as works with the TV no problem) 

- Unplugging TV > disconnecting ARC > unplugged Bose > waited 2 minutes > plugged in the ARC > plugged in the TV > plugged in the Bose - have also tried variants on this method - all with zero success 

- Adjusted remote's mute / volume buttons 

- Have reset the Bose x 3 using Soundtouch Button + Teletext button > setup Bose on the soundtouch app on my iPhone > connected to the wifi - still won't play out of the tv 

- Have tried resetting the whole system whilst the tv's volume is turned down to 0 

- Have turned on the 'Alternate On' switch in the soundtouch's app 

- Have made sure the CEC is turned on in my Samsung's settings 

- Have updated the firmware by pressing the Soundtouch Button + CC Button 

I can now play music from my phone through the ST300 but it still won't play audio from the tv. Just to spare anyone else trawling through 30 other pages of similar I've mentioned each step above if they find my issue as the 'update' of the Bose ST300 fiasco. I'm now at a stage of trying all the above, still not working and hoping not to wake up crying in my sleep. 

If no joy I'll have to ring Bose on the weekend. My last fix with them six months ago with another issue with my ST300 saw me on hold for 45 minutes and then on the phone for 1.5 hours. Not looking forward to that again. 

Any ideas? Or if you think I've not completed one of the steps above in a specific / correct order am happy to retry that again too. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Samsung KS9000 65" Not Recognising Bose Soundtouch 300

Hi pm04sss,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having. 

Do you happen to have another HDMI ARC enabled TV you can test the Bose system on?  Or possibly any other ARC enabled devices you can test on the TV?

You're tried all of the troubleshooting I would have walked you through on the Community, and I'm guessing everything that phone support would have had you try as well.  It sounds like you may need to arrange for service when you call Bose Support.

Best Regards,

Brandon