NMBob
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Samsung QN75Q65FN not recognized for remote

Struggling to figure out a Soundbar 700 system.

Trying set up the Bose remote in the Bose Music app and it won’t take any form of the model number. This Samsung TV is hanging in every electronics store in Las Vegas, so it would be funny if it were not supported, but I’m starting to have my doubts about Bose.

Thanks!

Bob

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Samsung QN75Q65FN not recognized for remote

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Did you try to program the remote using the step-by-step guide, or did you jump right into typing in the model number?  Can you attempt the standard programming and see if this helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

NMBob
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2018

Hi Brandon!

I was just following the prompts in the app. I tried going through the 'turn off' and 'volume down' steps, but I couldn't tell if the 'volume down' command was working. It really needs to turn the volume all of the way down, or something like that. That's when I tried entering the manufacturer and the model. It just didn't like the any variation of the model number.

Anyway, that was at my nephew's place. Now I'm at home trying to decide if I will keep the system. I don't have an Internet connection to the outside world and it looks like the system can't be set up without it. That's kind of a privacy-thing as far as I'm concerned. May have to go with a different manufacturer.

Thanks!

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I completely understand if this is not the correct product for you. The Smart Home product series depends on a home network to function with all of the features and fine-tuning the system.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support