awpierce
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Samsung TV and Bose Soundtouch

I recently purchased a Bose 300 Soundbar from a Bose outlet and a new Samsung 4K 65" TV from Sam's Club.

I got them home and set them up, connecting them through the optical cable.  GREAT STUFF!!  Until a few hours later and then I started getting static through the Soundbar.  This would last for a while and then quit.

A few days later, I disconnected the optical cable and connect through the HDMI-arc.  GREAT Stuff!! Until a few hours later and the I started getting static through the Soundbar.  This would last for a while and then quit.

If I change the sound to "TV Speakers" there is no issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Samsung TV and Bose Soundtouch

Hi awpierce

Thanks for posting in the Community!  I'm sorry to hear about the audio issues, but would be happy to help!

• When watching TV, is the system continually playing for hours or turned on/off within that period?
  • Has the system been setup with the Bose SoundTouch app and updated?
  • Can you try and reset the system and the TV by removing power for 30 seconds?
  • Does this happen while you stream music from Bluetooth or SoundTouch?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
awpierce
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Yes, the first thing was to download the Bose app and install updates.  It appears to have the most current updates.

Resetting system power does not help.

We usually turn the system on 5:00 PM and run it until 10:00 PM, (or variously in that time frame) so it runs continuously for about 5 hours.  Often longer on weekends.  It is an intermittent occurence.  At times, pausing play for several seconds will stop the problem.  But it is prone to reoccur during the viewing session.

We have used both a brand new optical cable to connect, and switched to a brand new HDMI cable.  It occurs with either.

We have not tried playing other devices.

Both devices were purchased within the last 30 days.  The soundbar from Bose in Grapevine, TX and the TV from Sams's Club in Kansas City, MO.

Community Manager

Hi awpierce

Thanks for the update!

Do you have both optical and ARC connected at the same time?  If so, can we remove one of the connections?

If we can try and play another device or source like Bluetooth or SoundTouch, this will help us narrow down where the issue is.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A