Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2018

Searching for speaker

So i know others have asked the same question but do not see any solution for this problem.

almost every time i try to use the soundtouch app from my iphone 6 or my wife’s iPhone 8 we get searching for speakers on a lifestyle 600.

and only if i have time to jump through loops i get it to work, this is super annoying and not something I would expect from a when you buy a system for that much money.

The system is approx. 2 years old and to begin with we did not have the problem as much but a few updates ago this started to be almost every time we try to use the speakers to play music from our phone through the SoundTuch app.

so a solution would be really nice.

Michael

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Searching for speaker

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize about the frustrations you're having with the Lifestyle system, but I would like to help getting this resolved. What steps do you have to take to get this working again? How long ago was this working without issue?

Let us know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2018

i have to go into setup on the remote and reconnect to the network then i can coonnect through the phone again and it will work for a few minutes and then we are back to Searching for speekers again.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello kyhnel

Thank you for getting back to us!  Can you provide the make/model of the router and any access points in the home so we can see if there are any settings that can be adjusted to help with the detection issues? 

Warm Regards,

Tony

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2018

Router is Netgear AC1900 Smart WiFi Router 

Model R7000

and no other access points

i have tried to use th 2.4 and 5 speed with same result

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 14, 2018

I am having the same issue. Started a few weeks I would guess. We have a SoundTouch 20 and a 10 in different rooms.

On my wife's iPhone SE, the app will search for the ST20, but will discover the ST10. On my iPhone 7, it will work fine for both speakers. Going through the setup process on the SE phone will bring back the missing speaker, but only for a little while, then its back to searching. This is only a recent change, it worked in the past. There have been no changes to our network since then.

Router is an Asus RT-N66R

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello kyhnel

Thanks for getting back to us with the information!

Can I have you try disabling a feature called web redirect which is something that is provided by the ISP.  For ATT users, follow these instructions: 

@etkelley

We've seen changing the wireless mode for these routers to Legacy help with a lot of these detection type of issues as well.  This is due to the tri-band feature Asus utilizes.

Also it could  be a similar issue that kyhnel is experiencing, if you could provide your ISP, I can see if there are steps to opt out of this as well.

Let us know how things go!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2018

i have done that, not sure what you mean about the ISP for Kyhnel we only have ATT and 1 modem but i use an intermnal router named kyhnel

so lets see if that works.

Michael

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2017

Hey I have this issue too. I am using a Netgear Orbi Router connected to AT&T Fiber(the WiFi signal is off on the AT&T Modem). I even have it hooked up via Ethernet. I am using an iPhone 8 Plus. Takes opening & closing of Soundtouch app a few attempts to get ST app to recognize. I just figured an update later would do something.

I have them an arms length from each other.
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Cloud

Thanks for posting!  Can you try the same steps as described above about the ATT web redirect opt out?  We've seen this fix a lot of these types of detection issues.

Warm Regards,

Tony A