Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 4, 2015

Seeking (Fast-Forward)

Can you not fast forward (seek) back and forth on a track with the soundtouch?  I can't figure it out .  I have to be missing something.
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Seeking (Fast-Forward)

Hi Joefly82,

You are correct that seek commands (fast-forward & rewind) are not available in the SoundTouch app. Seeking is not possible on most streaming music services but could potentially be added in the future for use with your music library only.  We appreciate your feedback and will mark it for visibility to our developers.
Thank you. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 9, 2015

Do you when this feature will be added?  I think it's ridiculous that if I just want to hear the end of a 20 minutes classical piece in my music library that I have to wait from the beginning....
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Hello DKJang,
There is no confirmed date of when this feature may become functional. The development team does receive feedback from this forum, so they will have direct visibility to your request.
For our full suggestion and feature request policy, click here.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2015

I would like to bump this thread and request as well that in the future update that the system should be able to fast forward or scrub through the songs at least from the personal music libraries.  This is a very important feature and if there is no plan to include I might need to return the system and not recommend it at all. Thanks. 
Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 16, 2015

Just purchased a SoundTouch 10 Series III and just realized the app does not provide the ability to seek in middle of a song even on my own library. 
This purchase was meant to be a demo for a broader home integration however this is a deal breaker for me. Is there an estimate for providing this simple functionality to the app? Otherwise I'll be left returning this device and purchasing another alternative.
Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 2, 2015

I just purchaes soundtouch 20 III , setup to my music library but audio lectures, but finding it incredibly difficult to manage without seekig function, as stated above in previous comments it is impossible to used this expensive piece of box without seeking function.
When will the develpers update the current software to include it ?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2016

Hi,
I am astounded a piece of software released by Bose is lacking a proper "seek" function for streaming music from my iTunes library. Surely this is a functionality that would have to have been present in a much earlier release of the software, or is it expected of users to use Airplay for this functionality (when it works without delays).  Is there a release scheduled for this feature anytime soon?  After all, even Apple added the copy paste functionality a year after releasing the iPhone.....