Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 9, 2016

Select Music Content from Explorer Panel

I have a SoundTouch 10 and it worked perfectly, played music from my NAS music collection and ITunes library (PC Based). Ever since the latest update of software, i can no longer connect to either my ITunes library or my NAS music library. I can get to the track on the list, but when i click on it to play, all i get is the following message 'Select Music Content from the Explorer Panel'.
 BlueTooth connectivity and Internet radio is fine.  Can you please assist?  Thanks
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 9, 2016

Re: Select Music Content from Explorer Panel

I have a Wave SoundTouch IV, and am experiencing exactly the same problem since the upgrade.  Please help!  Thanks
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

NickSulli & FlyBoy,

There have been both troubleshooting steps and reports of this issue being resolved on this thread: (https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=Sou...)
Please read through and give those suggestions a try. Thank you.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 9, 2016

Hi George, thanks for your reply.  I have tried all the suggested ideas in the link except the Twonky refresh. i have now had to buy the latest version of Twonky server to install on my media server to allow SoundTouch app to run.  Pleased that i can now access my music again on my SoundTouch 10, not so impressed that i have had to buy additional software due to an app update by Bose.
Cheers 
Nick

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 9, 2016

Came back to play some music tonight and we are back to square one.  Getting the same error messgae again 😞
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 22, 2015

NickSulli,
We have been seeing scattered reports of this issue since the update. One relatively reliable solution seems to be restoring factory defaults. If you haven't tried this already, I would recommend trying this as your next step. 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 11, 2015

I have the same issue. Using a Netear ReadyNAS, eight systens throughout the house and I have to reset them all? I was able to get one working. Will this be ongoing with every update? I've been using Bose products in both my home and autos for decades, the sound has always been great, but the software has been lacking.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 17, 2016

I have exactly the same problem, deleted the library and set it up again.  Now I'm told trial expired!  What trial.
Tried using my Windows 10 laptop, asked me to update app..... didn't update reinstalled the app.  Then asked me to update, reinstalled it again.  Now all I have is a rather expensive radio.  Very disappointed.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

SpiritShado & Markjan59
Can you confirm whether you tried restoring factory defaults on your system? (See the link in Thomas' post above for those steps)
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 2, 2016

Same here. I have reset my Soundtouch 20 to factory reset, reconnected to wifi and still the problem persists.