Highlighted
efarm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Set "Play All" to remain my choice

I have a pair of Soundtouch 10 speakers that work fine but there has to be a way for them to remain in sync and not have to go to the app and select Pay All every time I turn them on. I'd like to just use the remote to turn them on and have both play the same music selected from the  Presets or, ideally, keep aplaying what I last played from my broader Pandora stations on the app. HOw can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
efarm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Re: Set "Play All" to remain my choice

Author Accepted Answer selected by efarm

Thanks for answering. Seems strange that my pair of speakers can't be set to remain synced. A real pain having to get the phone and go through the whole app routine every time I turn them on just to have them play the same Pandora station. Even stranger that you can't at least go to the speakers with the remote and set them on the same preset. They play beautifully but I would not have purchased if I had known of this limitation.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi efarm,

Thanks for posting. You would have to set the "Play All" feature from the app. The presets can be selected either from the app or the buttons on the unit itself.

Thanks for the suggestion, we will pass along to our engineers for future development.

Regards,

Tony- Community Support

Highlighted
efarm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by efarm

Thanks for answering. Seems strange that my pair of speakers can't be set to remain synced. A real pain having to get the phone and go through the whole app routine every time I turn them on just to have them play the same Pandora station. Even stranger that you can't at least go to the speakers with the remote and set them on the same preset. They play beautifully but I would not have purchased if I had known of this limitation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
wielkizderzacz
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Sonos has it, my Play 1s can be set to permanent stereo pair/ play all setup which persists even if one of the speakers goes temporarily offline. One click, always works, a joy to use and listen to.

I have sold my SoundTouch 30 recently and trying to sell my ST20, due to Bose’s idiotic design choices and development policies. Enough is enough, I’m fed up woth waiting for a usable home sound system, and consider going with Bose instead of Sonos a huge mistake. It’s just beyond me why Bose stull hasn’t implemented such key functionalities as permanent pairing, permanent grouping or an equalizer/autotuner, which means their speakers sound terrible in some room locations (like overbearing bass if you put then in a corner).
Highlighted
efarm
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 9, 2018

Helpful advice. Will investigate Sonos thoroughly before making the change (I didn't do that for the SoundTouch10) but may follow your example unless Bose responds with a reasonably prompt fix that will keep my two speakers synced after turning them off and back on - doesn't seem like too much to ask.

Highlighted
wielkizderzacz
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

I would not bet n it, though. My guess is that they are implementing Airplay2 and this will tie up most of their engineering resources for the better part of 2018. And if they can spare any, then they’ll probably put them on developing some crazy, useless feature like Alexa skill to order pizza via the speaker, because some senior managers read in the Forbes that this is the new black nowadays. And we will still be left without the absolutely basic ability to set our speakers to play together without going to the app EVERY SINGLE TIME.

sorry for my angry rant, I am really disappointed with Bose speakers and the money I lost on my bad investment. Sonos is 4-5 years ahead in terms of software and I personally think my 2 play1 units in stereo pair sound better than ST20 and cost about the same.