Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob Vanderbroeck
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Setting up Alexa for multiple soundtouch speakers

Hello everybody I hope that someone can help me setting up my Amazon echo dot 2. I have a couple of soundtouch 20 III and a solo 5 soundar which is connected to a wireless soundtouch adapter. Because I have multiple speakers in one room I must use the soundtouch app to play all content synchronised on al the speakers. I now got myself a echo dot 2 and so far I am able to power on and of all the speakers and play content and all of them but the music is not synchronised. 

Am I doing something wrong or did I forget anything ? I downloaded the soundtouch skill and also the Bose skill but I can not get the sound synchronised. When I use the soundtouch app and power up al the speakers individually ( don't use play all ) there is a slight a synchronosity between the speakers. I googled and search this forum but I can not find what I need. 

What I want is to instruct Alexa to play preset 1 on all the three soundtouch speakers synchronised, who can help me.

Thanks inadvance,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Setting up Alexa for multiple soundtouch speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rob Vanderbroeck

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

I can completely understand everything you have explained and will be sure to pass all of your feedback and frustration with the Bose Skill to development.

We appreciate your time in working with us and being part of the Bose Family.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the post!

When you start playing music on one speaker, you will need to click "Play All" in the SoundTouch app in order to synchronize between all SoundTouch speakers.  To learn more, please check out THIS video on YouTube.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Rob Vanderbroeck
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the post!

When you start playing music on one speaker, you will need to click "Play All" in the SoundTouch app in order to synchronize between all SoundTouch speakers.  To learn more, please check out THIS video on YouTube.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your answer but it is not what I asked. Off course I need to click the button PLAY ALL when I start music using the app. I asked why does Alexa starts the music on all speakers but not synchronised. The dutch Bose support team sent me an E mail explaining that spring 2019 Amazon would implement the Alexa app in Europe. There is a difference between the skills that users can choose in the states and abroad. I need Alexa to turn on three speakers and to play on all speakers synchronised. 

THIS video from the bose support websites shows the options that I want to use, a this moment the only option that Alexa offers is using the bose speakers as a very expensive bluetooth speaker to play the content from Alexa. 

Today I noticed the new firmware so I have hope that within a vieuw months I can use my soundtouch home system as I had it in mind.

Regards,

Rob

ps : Where on the bose website can I find a list of all the Alexa commands that the different Bose skills use ? I noticed that there is a difference in skills between US and UK but also in the external link ( using webbrowser to open amazon account ) and the skill link using the Alexa app. 

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

We understand what you are looking for out of the Alexa skill, but "Play All" is not a function built into Bose Skill. The best way to get this work is to ask Alexa to play to one of your speakers, once it starts playing, open the SoundTouch app and select "Play All."

There is not a full list of commands available due to the number of combinations that can be used, but there is a thread located HERE with some that other community members have shared.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Rob Vanderbroeck
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hi Joel,

That is just the way I am doing it now. It occurs to me that the Alexa app also has enough problems. Sometimes I can increase the volume on Kitchen ( ST20 ) and sometimes Alexa says it can not increase the volume. What I find a little bit frustrating is the fact that Bose has video's on its website showing options that are ony available for US users ( english language setting ) and not for NON US users ( english language setting ) . It would be nice if Bose would mention this discrimination, now Bose is advertising with options their product can not deliver if not located within the US. 

Also would it be nice if there was a central support in which questions can be asked ( FAQ ) and only answered by support moderators from Bose. In this community are to many topics that are contanimated with information that is of topic or incorrect ( outdated due to software updates ) .

But I appreciate the effort you guys are giving us in your support. It 's frustrating to buy a product that does not deliver what is advertised.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rob Vanderbroeck

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply.

I can completely understand everything you have explained and will be sure to pass all of your feedback and frustration with the Bose Skill to development.

We appreciate your time in working with us and being part of the Bose Family.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

View solution in original post