Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2017

Setup and further development timeline

Hi to you all

Firstly this is not a rant and rave about how unhappy I am with Bose. I have at home 7 soundtouch speakers around the house and the whole family are absolutely delighted with them..
The wife and children are very Spotify - TuneIn orientated and these work beautifully within both the Bose and Spotify apps.
I myself tend to play my music from a WD My cloud EX4 NAS which has also proved stable and robust .
The only grumble that I have is that my ripped music never shows up in numerical order but always in alphabetical order.
Also the iTunes disc-song numbering system is also not read by the soundtouch software meaning that multi disc collections are either mixed together, or you have to rip to a Windows Media Structure of a separate named folder for each disc.
My music is all lossless for archiving reasons and everything play's smoothly and without any problem, once again have tested all speakers running with flac files without any problem.
What would be for me an amazing development, would be a better or full integration within an advanced music upnp/dlna service like Plex or Roon labs to get the most out of my collection. With these services your music library becomes so much more informative with links to and between similar artists-styles-labels etc, making the whole process so much more fun....
That is in my opinion pretty much the only thing missing for me, the other massed complaints you can read on this forum have never been a factor for me as I did my homework first and not after the purchase...
Ps for home network stability with lossless streaming I can thoroughly recommend the Asus routers , I have mine running as an access point with four separate WiFi networks (2x2,4 & 2x5g) one of which is just for the soundtouch speakers works perfect, they are also pretty good as a Nas server using their USB ports and worked fine with Bose upto about 20.000 songs before struggling...
1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Setup and further development timeline

Hi isadissa,

Thank you for the well detailed post.  I'm glad to hear that you and your family are getting a lot of enjoyment out of the speakers.

There are absolutely several things that we need to work on, and there are many things that the engineering team are working on right now.  We can't say exactly what they are doing right now, but as soon as we have information that we can publicly release, we will let everyone here on the Community know.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support