Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshuaMunoz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Setup/factory reset/ANYTHING without remote? - Soundbar 700

Hi, all. I've been Googling like crazy to no avail.

I have a Soundbar 700 I was really excited to get to use - I even took the wall mount plates and attached them to a soundbar mount on my TV, so when I swivel the TV, it moves with it. How exciting!

Unfortunately, when I plugged in my Soundbar 700 to my TV (Samsung KS8000), it did NOT by default go into pairing mode (amber light, I think?) and the HDMI4 (ARC) only lists it as 'Receiver' not Bose or Soundbar 700 or anything.

Fortunately, the screen did show the Bose Music app logo, so I know the speaker is at least trying to communicate with my TV. The Bose Music app doesn't find the speaker, not on my phone, not on my fiancee's phone. I keep seeing that I need the remote in order to factory reset, put it in pairing mode, anything.

Is it possible to do any of that using the service port on the back of the speaker? I don't have the remote and am quite disappointed that I may need to order one just to set the speaker up (I plan on continuing to use my Samsung remote - I've heard it's more reliable than the Bose one when working with Samsung TVs).

Can anyone help? As of now, I have a beautiful soundbar on a beautiful TV and I'm still using my dinky TV speakers. 😥

3 REPLIES 3
Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Setup/factory reset/ANYTHING without remote? - Soundbar 700

Hey @JoshuaMunoz, happy to hear about your new soundbar 🙂

The Soundbar 700 won't enter setup mode by connecting a HDMI cable. If the speaker has been previously set up, even when disconnected from power and rebooted, the speaker will default back to standby mode. You will require the remote to enter setup mode once again.  

As you don't intend to use the Universal Remote, have you tried changing the Samsung TV's audio output to the HDMI port? This may trigger the soundbar to switch to TV audio input. You may also be able to program your Samsung remote to control the Bose soundbar directly - have you tried programming the Samsung remote? I've had a very brief look at their website and this article may be of some assistance. 

If you do not currently have access to the soundbar's Universal Remote, is it possible to temporarily put the soundbar within physical reach of your internet router? While you cannot use the service ports for setup, you can use the Ethernet port on the Soundbar 700 to connect the system directly to your home's network. Use any Ethernet cable to connect the soundbar directly to your internet router. This will enable you to temporarily access and control the soundbar through the Bose Music app on your phone to complete the setup process. 🙂

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JoshuaMunoz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

The Ethernet cable worked. It still doesn't find my WiFi network when I unplug it from the router, but at least that allowed me to find it in the app.

Thank you!

dtcamarinha
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

Hi - I have a similar problem. I recently moved and am using a differente network. I no longer have my remote with me (temporarily). I do have a ethernet cable to plug in but whenever I do, I still couldnt find it on my app.

Does it have something to do with the fact that my network has 2 frequencies? Network X-2G and Network X-5G? How can I resolve that please