sei-mane
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2016

Simply want to add a local device to the ST-App, like Laptop or Smartphone

Hello.
Just purchased the Bose Soundtouch(ST) 10, in order to get a fluet transmission phase, when i step out of my living room and e.g. go to the bathroom. This is definitely possible, if you have got at least 2 ST-Systems. One in your living room and one in your bathroom.
I was kinda surprised, when i finished with configuring my ST 10 in the bathroom, that i am not able to add a new LOCAL device to my ST-App, which would in this usecase be called "Laptop/Computer, located in the living room". Why I want to do this? Well, Bose creates good speakers, but i dont want to get away from my decent Stereo System, which is based on a Harman Kardon receiver, that is properly connected to my Laptop via expensive cables and enhanced by external soundcards, which are fixed into the docking station a.s.o.
Bose, you have to be more open in this case.
Also some kind of connector, which you can connect to the receiver is not a solution. In this case i would lose a lot of sound-quality(given by cable connection described above incl. external soundcard), when connecting via wifi to this device, which is directly connected to the receiver. Sonos has an even worse approach to this btw. when providing an AMP connector, where you can directly connect your speakers to. Sorry guys, i still use functions of my receiver like playing local radio or listen to TV-Sound (Receiver buttons, like "TV/Aux", "FM", "CD", remember that?!)
What i would definitely think about purchasing would be a receiver, that has the possibility to say: Hello, I am a soundtouch device. But this feature would be more to be developed by Harman Kardon and co.
Well long story short: I Have a simple solution to all this. Just add the possibility to add a local device like Laptop or Smartphone/Tablet to the ST App. Why smartphone? Image you come home from running, pushed by a long lasting tune you love, you can fluently get undressed, while the tune is waiting for you in the Bathroom 😉
Thanks for reading, I'd be happy about a reply.
Thanks,
Simon
1 REPLY 1
sei-mane
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2016

Re: Simply want to add a local device to the ST-App, like Laptop or Smartphone

problem solved:
http://www.sonos.com/de-de/shop/connect.html
sorry