Dec 29, 2018

Re: Sirius XM - Song Info Missing

I've acquired the logs. Please let me know when/where to send them. Thanks

jerake75
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

This has been down again for four days. Please go read the older threads. Reboot whatever you have to in your server end. This is not a client issue. All of us in this thread have been through this the last two times this has happened. Please fix this permanently.
Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

We have raised this to development to get this resolved for everyone. If there is any additional information needed, we'll reach out to everyone on this thread.

Hi betteroff,

I will DM you for further details, thank you for getting logs for us.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

betteroff
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 29, 2018

Status? This is getting ridiculous. Now the song info is not even previewed in the favorites screen.

LoEndMaestro
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

Agreed. C'mon Bose, just flip whatever switch you did on NYE weekend. Seriously aggravating.
Community_Admin

Hello All,

They are currently investigating this issue, and as soon as we have any updates, we'll be sure to let you know as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
jerake75
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Seven days this particular feature has been down now.  Can we get an ETA or some idea of exactly what development is looking at?

In my company (tech) this would prompt an avalanche of sales folks, managers and other higher-ups to swarm on the development team.  Doesn't seem like much of anything is happening here; if it is, it's not being relayed to the average folks.

I've switched to using Sonos for SiriusXM at this point, since it works.

LoEndMaestro
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I've always been loyal to bose partially because of the great customer service. Is this a thing of the past?

This is a really annoying glitch, that no one seems to want to address. It's the EXACT same thing that happened over new years. Someone finally came in and fixed it.
Seriously, being able to see the artist info is some pretty basic stuff. I'm starting to regret my fairly substantial investment in this system.

I was a dedicated bose customer and would like to remain so.

Please fix this.
jerake75
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Since no one at Bose seems interested in fixing this...day 8 of this...I grabbed the logs off one of my 20's after pressing preset #1 (SiriusXM Pops).  It was powered off prior to me pressing the preset.

I had a previous set of logs from the SiriusXM random disconnect issue going on a few months ago - it was playing song names, so taking a look at a known working, I see the following:

Sep 12 20:59:28 spotty local0.info WebServer[1827]: [(001988):WebServer:INFO]HandleMessage: prop=0 url=[nowPlaying] body=[]
Sep 12 20:59:28 spotty local0.info WebServer[1827]: [(001988):WebServer:INFO]CheckAndSendMsgToIPCClient: {REQ} <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><msg><header deviceID="" url="nowPlaying" method="GET"><request requestID="1" /></header></msg>

Sep 12 20:59:28 spotty local0.info STSCertified[1818]: [(004940):STS:INFO]STSIPC(SIRIUSXM, jerake75)::SendNowPlayingResponse(seq:42304, proto{ nowPlaying {, contentItem {, type: "station", location: "channelKey:siriuspops", name: "SiriusXM Pops", containerArt: "", }, trackName: "R.A.F. March Past", artistName: "Davies - Royal Liverpool Phil.", albumName: "Rule Britannia", stationName: "SiriusXM Pops", artUrl: "http://www.siriusxm.com/albumart/Live/Default/DefaultMDS_m_755.jpg?size=big", timetotal: 188, skipEnabled: false, playStatus: PLAY, streamType: RADIO_STREAMING<snipped for brevity>
Sep 12 20:59:28 spotty local0.info STSCertified[1818]: [(004940):HSM:INFO]Sxm: HandleNowPlayingRequest() >> Playing > Active
Sep 12 20:59:28 spotty local0.info WebServer[1827]: [(001988):WebServer:INFO]SendToWsockClient: {RESP} requestID=1 <?xml version="1.0" ...
Sep 12 20:59:28 spotty local0.info TPDA[1820]: [(002044):AVSTPDAPlaybackStateReporter:INFO]NowPlay info: deviceID: "A81B6A0A8B13" source: "SIRIUSXM" sourceAccount: "b4471942d62d669f258a131c1af104e2" ContentItem { source: "SIRIUSXM" type: "station" location: "channelKey:siriuspops" sourceAccount: "b4471942d62d669f258a131c1af104e2" itemName { text: "SiriusXM Pops" } isPresetable: true containerArt { } } track { text: "R.A.F. March Past" } artist { text: "Davies - Royal Liverpool Phil." } album { text: "Rule Britannia" } stationName { text: "SiriusXM Pops" } art { artImageStatus: IMAGE_PRESENT text: "http://www.siriusxm.com/albumart/Live/Default/DefaultMDS_m_755.jpg?size=big" } time { total: "188" text: "0" } favoriteEnabled { } playStatus { text: PLAY_STATE } streamType { text: RADIO_STREAMING } description { text: <snipped for brevity>

Taking the same GET request from my non-working - looks like the request is truncated in these logs, not sure if it's more updated firmware or not - but I don't see the same.  I've been wasting my Sunday trying to figure out how the API works into SiriusXM.  If anyone from Bose is curious and takes a look...not sure if it's calling its own internal WebServer or making a call out to Sirius (doesn't look like it from what I can tell but..I am not the one who should be looking at these logs trying to get this fixed):

Feb 3 14:35:31 spotty local0.info WebServer[1836]: [(001990):WebServer:INFO]CheckAndSendMsgToIPCClient: {REQ} <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><msg><header deviceID="" url="nowPlaying" method="GET"><request requestID="1" /></header></msg>
Feb 3 14:35:31 spotty local0.info BoseApp[1839]: [(002472):HSM:INFO]SysCtlr: HandleMessage(EVT_CURRENT_SOURCE) >> Standby
Feb 3 14:35:31 spotty local0.info WebServer[1836]: [(001990):WebServer:INFO]SendToWsockClient: {RESP} requestID=1 <?xml version="1.0" ...

We need a resolution to this...8 days this has been failing...

jerake75
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Re: SiriusXM - No song names - Still down, day 9 and counting

I have been using Sonos for SiriusXM during this same outage period and the song names show fine. I pulled logs offf my 20 and while the systems may not be pulling the song info from Sirius - I see no song info in the web server call - theee still seems to be a Bose specific API call at some point to Sirius. This is Bose specific and yet Bose refuses to address it.