Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

Sirius XM has intermittent drops

So I have a number of Soundtouch devices, 20's, 10's, soundbar and amplifier.  I am using Google Wifi with three seperate nodes.  Recently, my SiriusXM feed has been cutting out.  As far as I can tell all of the devices are up to date.  My app on my phone, my wife's phone, and my computer are up to date.  I have tried as suggested in other feeds to sign out of the Soundtouch App, and still have problems.  I have tried logging out of both of my logins that I have listed in the Soundtouch app and logging in to only one, still problems.

We can listen to Amazon Music and to internet radio without any issues.  I can listen to the SiriusXM app on my phone and computer without issues.  I can guarentee that we are not using the same login at the same time on multiple devices.

One of the main reasons I decided to invest almost $3K in the Soundtouch system was that I could use my SiriusXM throughout the entire house and now I have to change my music choices.

The soundtouch operating system has had its problems over the years and I have patiently waited for it to work itself out.  I have generally been happy with the system and not as cranky as most with the issues I have encountered, I learned how to deal with it.  But the issues with SiriusXM need to be addressed as soon as possible.  I do not know if the problem is on your end or on theirs, but I would appreciate some investment of time to repair whatever is broken. 

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Sirius XM has intermittent drops

Hi sweetlu60

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the Sirius XM troubles, but would be happy to help!

• When the audio drops out, does the audio come back on it's own or do you have to re-select the stream again?
  • Is this happening while playing on single speakers or while in a group?
  • Have you been able to power cycle all the devices including the router and nodes?
  • How often is the audio dropping out? Is it consistent or intermittent?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2015

Thanks for asking

1. The stream does come back, the pause is typically two or three seconds, enough to be annoying, but at times longer to where the feed drops

2. It happens both playing singly on in a group.  I went so far as to try starting the stream from different speakers initially thinking it was how the speaker was connected to my mesh network, but still had drops regardless of which speaker in the house started the stream.  Also, my Google Wifi mesh network has all of the nodes hard wired to the base hub.

3. I have fully power cycled all of the Google Wifi nodes.  I have only power cycled one of the soundtouch devices.  I will not be able to poower cycle the rest until the 7th of Sept. but am doubtful that that will help.  The one device that was power cycled still in a single unit configuration had drops.

4. It is intermittent.  The stream can play for about 5 minutes uninterrupted and then it starts with a higher frequency (as I recall).

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

I am having the exact same issue in Alberta, Canada.  I have two 30’s and two 20’s. Every Saturday, I power cycle my entire home network, including the cable modem, router, switches, NAS, and all the Bose speakers. Before the power-cycling, the problem occurred and after the power-cycling the problem remains.

Sirius works for a few minutes and then pauses for three seconds and comes back. This has been happening for a month. In the last couple of days, Sirius works for a few minutes and then just stops.

Sirius via SoundTouch has been working well with my system for almost two years. Perhaps something is broken with the Bose to Sirius connection?

My work-around is to play Sirius on an iPhone and then connect to the SoundTouch speakers via Bluetooth. That always works but is not convenient. 

Thanks for for your help,

Ralph

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

I am experiencing the same issues here in Virginia.  Frequent cut-offs, sometimes complete cut-offs.  I can listen to XM on my phone or on my computer without problems.  The issue has to be in the Bose-XM connection

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Experiencing the same issues in Indiana.  Other stations work fine and it is only SiriusXM that has issues.  It stops every few minutes and is so annoying.  Sometimes it will come back and sometimes I have to turn the radio off and back on again.  Help!!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Same problem in North Carolina 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 11, 2017

Same problem. Drops and won't resume.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

Same problem in upstate NY. All streaming services are fine, except sirius. Slow to load and will drop after a few minutes. Sometimes it will restart, more often it won't. Problem started on 9/1 and has gotten worse on 9/2. Have tried everything mentioned. Any help appreciated. Bose support, are you aware?
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello all,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the drop outs in Sirius XM.  It sounds like power cycling the network and speakers are not helping with the situation. 

Can we try a few steps to see if we can clear this up?

• Sign out of Sirius XM on the SoundTouch app
  • Sign out of the SoundTouch app
  • Sign back in to both SoundTouch and Sirius XM again

If this doesn't seem to help, let's also try and perform a factory default on the speaker.  Steps can be found HERE.  Just select your system and there should be instructions on how to factory default the system on the product support page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A