Highlighted
DJWPE
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

Sirius XM issues

I'm suffering significant issues with Sirius XM playback. On demand shows will play from 3-6 minutes, then the speaker will stop playing, and display "select preset". Often when I try at that point to play again from the app, it shows that Sirius XM is unavailable. Deleting and reading the service does not resolve the problem. 

System is a Wave IV Soundtouch. This problem began about 2 weeks ago. 

112 REPLIES 112
kerley
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 6, 2018

Re: Sirius XM issues

I have the same issue.  My system is a Soundtouch 20.  I have playing Sirius/XM on it for years.  Yesterday, it started doing the same thing - play for a minute or two, stop playing and then display "select preset."  The app says: "Hmm. We cannot connect to that service right now.  Please try again later (1302)."  I can receive Sirius/XM on both my phone and computer.  So, I know the problem is not with Sirius/XM or my subscription with them.  I have deleted and reinstalled the service.  No luck.  What's going on?

mbwelchutah
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2015

Same problem with a Soundtouch 20.  Deleted and Reinstalled the Sirius account.  Changed the Sirius password for internet access.   Nothing has really made it better.  Pandora and my local radio station connect quickly and without problem

danrmarvin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

Same problem - started in the last couple of weeks.  Sirius stops - the amber light comes on on the paired 10's.  The app gives me the "We can't connect to that music service right now" message.  Spotify and Pandora work with no problems.

frankobr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have a Soundtouch 10 and have been streaming Sirius for well over a year.  The streaming will stop for no reason that I can see.  I checked my account with Sirius to make sure it is up to date (it is) and can stream without issue using the computer, Android Pad and iPhone.  Just the wireless is giving me grief.

JohnCarr
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

I have the same problem. My connection to SiriusXM worked fine until a few days ago.   I have removed and reconnected all four SoundTouch 10 speakers and signed out of my SiriusXM account and signed out of my Soundtouch app. Still have problem. Any solutions?

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Same exact problem, same exact errors.  I've reached my wits end with the intermittant Sirius XM issues - won't play consistently on my Bose but will always play with no glitches/interruptions etc. from my cell phone using the same Wi-Fi network.

I've had my Soundtouch speakers (grand total of 7 - 3 Soundtouch 10's, two 20's, one 30 and one WLA) for over a year now and have always had minor glitchiness when using SiriusXM - I play one station daily sometimes for several hours.  Within the first 5 minutes there's usually an interruption, where WiFi signal button flashes at me, but then regains.  Again, never see this on my cell phone using the same Wi-Fi network in my house.

The last few days have been a fight to get SiriusXM to play at all - I usually hit the preset button on the speaker, then it will play...then the WiFi light will go amber.  From the app, I get the same error as initially reported.

This should work consistently or just take away the feature - the fight isn't worth it when I can get reliable service via Bluetooth to the same d*** speaker.

jerake75
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Anyone from Bose planning on looking into this issue at all?  This feature is completely non-functional for me and I"m sure a lot of other users.

Using SirusXM on any of my 7 Bose speakers is impossible - I simply get the orange amber light or the message after pressing any of the preset buttons on the speaker or "we couldn't connect to this service" when trying to connect to SiriuxXM on my phone.

I do not experience any problems when connecting to the Bose speaker via Bluetooth, any of my 7, and using the iPhone app connected to the same Wifi network as all seven speakers.

So, this seems to be yet another problem on the Bose end.  I'll be discontinuing my use of SiriusXM on any of my Bose systems since the feature is essentially down and unusable for me.

danrmarvin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

I had 5 minutes of Sirius connection this morning before I got the amber light - it hasn't reconnected since then.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Do you see any error messages or specific error codes when you attempt to play SiriusXM aside from 1302 reported by one user?

Thanks,

Brandon - Community Support