Highlighted
cgs999
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

SiriusXM dropped, will not reconnect

Yesterday, for no apparent reason, my Soundtouch 20 dropped all of my presets, which were all SiriusXM stations. When I selected the preset#, it gave me "service not available" message on the ST20.

I have done a factory reset, and then with both my iPad app and computer app, tried to add back (after deleting it) the SiriusXM service. A variety of error numbers with a message that reads "HMM Looks like SiriusXM isn't available right now. Please try again later. (6021) The number changes from time to time, but the same text message.

My SiriusXM plays on the iPad app and computer, so it is a valid account.... HELP!!!

14 REPLIES 14
Peterpoes
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Re: SiriusXM dropped, will not reconnect

Same issue here... 😞

Hi cgs999 and Peterpoes,

Thanks for the posts, and sorry to hear that you're having issues.  This is something that has been escalated, and is being looked at by engineering.  As soon as we have more information, we'll post an update.

Best,

Brandon

cgs999
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

I have updated and things are more screwed up now than before.

So much for a simple system....

This will no doubt be my first and last purchase of the "great" Bose sound equipment. If the techies would have just well enough alone and lived by the motto, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", I would still be enjoying my Sirius XM on the Bose, and still be in the fantasy world of the greatness of the Bose company.

Hi cgs999,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing further issues. The issues impacting the SoundTouch system's ability to connect to the Sirius/XM radio service has been resolved as of 11/29. If you are experiencing further issues, after the latest software update, we'd certainly like to learn more and help! Are you experiencing the same error codes as before? Please let us know exactly what is happening and we'd be happy to investigate the issue further for you. 

Best regards,

Brian

cgs999
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Using the App on my computer, the SiriusXM channels now appear, which they did not before. The speaker connects to the app. However, it will not show me channels, and if I try to select on the "Channels" tab, it gives me "Looks like SiriusXM isn't availablel right now .Please try again later. (6022)

Using the app on my iPad, same thing, except it generates the error code (6029) OR (6022) OR (3900)

If, on the other hand, if I use my VPN service and route through New York, the iPad app will actually list the channels and when I select one the app resets itself. 1. It says, loading... 2. It then says "Give us a minute to find your speaker" 3. it then says "Ready to play..." (Repeat process ad infinitum) On my computer, if I use my VPN service the app will not even load...

Did the App developers build in some type of geographic/location block?

Hi cgs999,

Thank you for the additional information. SiriusXM is currently only available as a SoundTouch music service in the United States and Canada. If you are attempting to use this service outside of these regions, this would be the reason for the errors. In general, the SoundTouch Ecosystem was not engineered to be used on a VPN. This can add complexity to the ecosystem's compatibility and SoundTouch server communications and is generally not recommended. 

If you are located in the United States or Canada and are still having this issue without the use of a VPN, I'd recommend removing the SiriusXM account from the SoundTouch app and re-adding it. 

Let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

cgs999
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

1. The Soundtouch system worked fine outside of the US and Canada until this recent event.

2. SiriusXM works fine over multiple platforms in my location and the only geographical blocking occurs during certain sporting broadcasts

THEREFORE...

1. Why would the Bose engineers block a serice now, which it did not before???

2. Why would the Bose engineers arbitrarily block a service that is engineered on the front end (ie. by SiriusXM) to be streamed worldwide???

There is NO disclaimer anywhere stating that SiriusXM is NOT available outside the US or Canada ("SoundTouch systems currently offer Internet radio (which offers access to roughly 20,000 stations from around the world) and music services such as Spotify®, Pandora®, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio™, SiriusXM, Deezer and QPlay (where available).FROM BOSE WEBSITE) SiriusXM IS available where I am and the only reason I cannot access it through the Soundtouch app system is an enginerring change recently made.

Uness this is resolved (especially since Bose has recently re-engineered their system to arbitrarily limit a global service to the US & Canada for no other reason than that they CAN....) I will reamin a one-time (this being the one time) purchaser of any Bose equipment. I will equally discourage everyone I possibly can from investing their good money in a company that would make such decisions to the detriment of good customer service.

Hi cgs999,

Thank you for your response. SiriusXM has so far, only been available as a SoundTouch music service in the United States and Canada. It is certainly strange that you were able to access this outside of this region previously. Curiously, what region are you currently located? Many of the SoundTouch Music Services are only available in certain regions. The reasoning for this will vary from one service provider to the next. Please see this article for further detail on SoundTouch music service availability. 

I understand that this frustrating since it seemed to have worked before. We are and have been continuously introducing new music services, and existing services to new regions as we continue to improve the SoundTouch family of products. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Brian 

tgederberg@sbcglobal.net
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Very unhappy Bose customer.  Have two Wave Soundtouch IV systems that I bought expressly for listening to SiriusXM.  Used to work, but for the past month or so all I get is "HMM... Looks like SiriusXM isn't available right now.  Please try again later. (3903)".  Other people are having the same issues and it appears that Bose is not interested in fixing the issue.