cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tschmerer
Registered since

Jan 27, 2016

SiriusXM won't play, gives error 1005

I have reset the soundtouch, removed my siriusxm account and added it again, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and tried another device. Every time I try to play a channel it says "Cannot complete action unable to play selection please try again later 1005
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
Debn
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2015

Re: SiriusXM won't play, gives error 1005

The short answer is that I disconnected the SoundTouch system, and it worked when I plugged it in again!
For future posters with this problem:
1. This was the first time I tried using SiriusXM with my exisitng SoundTouch system
2. I was able to play SiriusXM on another app without the SoundTpouch system.
3. All other sources (Pandora, Music library) worked fine
4. I can't find a model number- it's an Xfinity router.
But in the end I just had to unplug the Soundtouch system, and when I plugged it in again, it worked as expected.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Thomas_O
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 22, 2015

Hello Tschmerer ,
Sorry Sirius isn’t playing as it should. Let me clarify some details:

• If you try to access Sirius through its own application, does it play without incident?
  • Was the service playing in the past, or have you always had this error from the beginning? If it was working previously, when did this error first appear?
  • If you have not done so already, please reset your router and modem by unplugging both for at least 30 seconds.  

If this does not resolve your issue, please leave a reply including the make and model of your router and any extenders you may be using.
Thank you,
Debn
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2015

I have the same problem, tried resetting the router, still get the error message. Using a Cmcast CISCO router 105+ that works with the Soundtouch system
Bose_-_George_P
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Debn,
To help us diagnose the problem, Can you please answer a few questions similar to what we asked the original poster?

1. Is this your first time setting up the SoundTouch with Sirius XM, or was this working before?
  2. Can you use the Sirius XM app on a phone, tablet or computer to play this source without the SoundTouch system?
  3. Do other SoundTouch sources (Internet radio, Music library etc.) work correctly on the speaker?
  4. Can you let us know the Model # of the Cisco router you are using with Comcast's 105+ service?  (It looks like the most common model is the DPC3939, is this what you have?)

Thank you.

This widget could not be displayed.
Debn
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2015

The short answer is that I disconnected the SoundTouch system, and it worked when I plugged it in again!
For future posters with this problem:
1. This was the first time I tried using SiriusXM with my exisitng SoundTouch system
2. I was able to play SiriusXM on another app without the SoundTpouch system.
3. All other sources (Pandora, Music library) worked fine
4. I can't find a model number- it's an Xfinity router.
But in the end I just had to unplug the Soundtouch system, and when I plugged it in again, it worked as expected.

View solution in original post

Marko
Registered since

Oct 21, 2016

I am having the same issue. I added the xm service to my app. I can see all the channels I get, but I try to play one and I get error 1005. 

1. I have reset my modem/router.
2. I have unplugged and plugged back in my Bose Wave system.
3. XM will play on my computer and phone through my home wi-fi.

Michael_Fitzpat
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 6, 2014

Hello Marko,
Thank you very much for letting us know about this issue. We have a couple of questions to try to isolate and resolve the issue you are experiencing:

1. There is a new version of the SoundTouch application now available (14.0.14), have you installed this update yet? If so, has this resolved the issue?
  2. Was SiriusXM working previously or has this issue been occurring since initially adding the SiriusXM source into the application?
  3. Do other music sources work from the SoundTouch application such as Pandora or iHeartRadio?
  4. What is the model number of the router/modem?
  5. Are there any other networking equipment installed other than the router/modem?

Let us know the answers to those questions and we can take it from there.
Thank you.
thedude19
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Sirusxm worked great out of the box on my soundtouch 130.  Did the update this week and it would not play.  Spent over an hour on the phone with Bose rep.  Deleted Siriusxm account then tried to put it back in and it wont take it.  Uninstalled app and reinstalled did a system reset. No luck.  Did two online chats with Siriusxm, reset all my login info and reset the Siriusxm radios and no luck.  Today I call Siriusxm and the guy tells me that they are aware of the issue and are working on it but they have no idea when it will be fixed.  So it looks like my problem is not with Bose.  Not sure why they could not tell me that three days ago.
thedude19
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Forgot to mention that my music library from itunes works fine as does internet radio.
mfeely
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2017

i am having the same issues as the 2 previous posts. i have 

soiudtouch 10 and wave radio.

The app has worked without any problems until the last update a couple of months ago the the problem started and hasn't changed . all other music services work exceppt xm.